Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Sep 16, 2018
Still waiting for Reed Smith post research questions from about 2 months ago. I got an email in December saying they were working through the applications. Has anyone heard anything yet?

This for winter or summer? I have an interview with them on Thursday for winter VS. I think all the interview invites have gone out now!

Eamon

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Hi all, does anyone have any tips for Weil's VI? What sort of questions tend to be asked?

When did you hear back? I'm still waiting :/

i did the VI last year and flopped it, but the questions were very standard off memory. Why commercial law, why Weil and something in the news. I can't remember if there were others as it was so long ago, but make sure you have solid answers for those. This was last year tho, so it may have changed.

If you find out how long you have for each question, could you let me know?

Konstantinos

Future Trainee
Aug 26, 2019
When did you hear back? I'm still waiting :/

i did the VI last year and flopped it, but the questions were very standard off memory. Why commercial law, why Weil and something in the news. I can't remember if there were others as it was so long ago, but make sure you have solid answers for those. This was last year tho, so it may have changed.

If you find out how long you have for each question, could you let me know?

I completed my WG on 29/12 and was invited to complete the VI on 6/1. I haven't done it yet so I'm not sure how long they give us for each question. I'll let you know once I have!

Reactions: Eamon

Phoebe-Lou

Feb 8, 2019
I applied for a direct TC and received an AC invite on Monday after submitting my application in November :)

I'm sure you will hear from them soon, Good luck!
Thanks and a massive well done ! Am I right in thinking they're non-rolling? I applied on the day of the deadline for the VS but heard that they respond ridiculously quickly

A4991

Star Member
Nov 20, 2019
Thanks and a massive well done ! Am I right in thinking they're non-rolling? I applied on the day of the deadline for the VS but heard that they respond ridiculously quickly

I am not sure for vacation schemes but I know for training contracts they are rolling as I have had friends that were interviewed in October/November

Andreasyau1

Star Member
Future Trainee
Sep 17, 2018
Does anyone have any info about Davis Polk other than what's out there (Chambers/LCN/TheLawyer/firm website)? Maybe from their open day or something?[/
Does anyone have any info about Davis Polk other than what's out there (Chambers/LCN/TheLawyer/firm website)? Maybe from their open day or something?

Yea I do send me a direct message on tcla

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.