Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hi guys, any tips for a VC interview at Shearman & Sterling? It was the first application I sent out, so this will also be my very first interview ever. Safe to say that I am excited, but also extremely nervous :confused:
Congratulations!!
Shearman is a lovely interview I think; I found it quite relaxed :) I would say know the challenges facing law firms and follow a commercial story you can discuss confidently, I’d also say really do your research into the firm and know precisely how they’re different. The White Board Wednesday’s (and these in and of themselves are a differentiator- thought leadership doesn’t just apply to client-driven articles!!) can help with this and YouTube the legal cheek event they had last year about US firms’ market share as that was so useful to me. I would say be personable and try to show your confidence and enthusiasm as much as possible. I really think the interview is enjoyable and so long as you prepare the basics and know your own motivations etc inside and out you’ll be absolutely fine! Please message me if I can help further and we can have a chat :)

just remember, you’ve done the hard part which is selling yourself on paper, this is the final step and really try to enjoy the experience :) you’re at no disadvantage with it being your first interview. Shearman was actually my second but was just days after my first and I think they just want to get an impression for who you are and what you’re all about :) well done again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.