Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatieCCM

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
Does anyone else overthink a lot after an AC/interview? Had one today and thought it went well but starting to think about anything that could have gone wrong :D

I really relate this! I left one feeling very positive, aware of a few things that I’d like to change if I did it again. Hours later..days later... pulling apart of everything in my head hahaha

Reactions: PSM

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Congrats!! May I ask when you applied?
    I applied in October but they've only been reviewing apps following the December open day! I also think that they're only responding to people who are available to interview at certain times i.e. there's a section on the form at the beginning that asks you to list dates you're not available to interview and I'd forgotten I'd said I wasn't available to interview in January due to exams so if you haven't heard back yet that might be why!

Reactions: MzM

Lumree

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Highest Rated Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Is anyone else still waiting from Mayer Brown post tests? Getting a bit worried I’ve missed the chance now AC’s are being dished out...

Reactions: JayB

D95

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 17, 2019
    In the course of the last 24 hours:

- I had a VI and at some point I had a cough fit which took over 15 second from my answer and I kept on sneezing throughout the rest of the interview. So, apparently having an interview when you're sick is not the best idea, kids.

- I got a rejection following an application that I spent hours on and then received an AC invite for the one that took me 30min to write.

- I spilled coffee on my light grey carpet and I have been googling how to get rid of stains ever since. The stain is still there, nothing works. I am planning on moving the furniture around and passing this burden to the next tenant. #oops

Last edited:

JoNo

Legendary Member
    Jan 28, 2019
    In the course of the last 24 hours:

- I had a VI and at some point I had a cough fit which took over 15 second from my answer and I kept on sneezing throughout the rest of the interview. So, apparently having an interview when you're sick is not the best idea, kids.

- I got a rejection following an application that I spent hours on and then received an AC invite for the one that took me 30min to write.

- I spilled coffee on my light grey carpet and I have been googling how to get rid of stains ever since. The stain is still there, nothing works. I am planning on moving the furniture around and passing this burden to next tenant. #oops

Life can be quite funny sometimes.

Well done!!
    What firm did you receive the AC invite with? :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: Daniel Boden and Jai C.

JayB

Legendary Member
    May 16, 2019
    Who’s still waiting on DLA Piper? :rolleyes:

edit: a rumour has been going around that DLA have completed all their AC’s? Is this true, has anyone asked GR about this. I’ve emailed them, but they haven’t responded!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.