Not open for further replies.

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Would be grateful for an opinion on the following:

In answering the question 'what is a business you admire', is it necessary to link it back to the firm? Is it more hinting that I should choose a client of the firm?

You’ll come across as more sincere if you discuss one you’re genuinely interested in. If it happens to be a client - then great!

RJ24

Standard Member
    Jan 27, 2020
    Has anyone done a recent Video Interview with White and Case, please !!!, I need the questions PLEASEE!!!

I do not agree with this! Most people do it without the questions and therefore get a chance to equally prepare. Someone telling you what the questions might also be hurting their own chances.

I think it is fine to get some general tips but straight out asking for the questions I don’t think is right.

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    You’ll come across as more sincere if you discuss one you’re genuinely interested in. If it happens to be a client - then great!
    Really agree! Be authentic but try to be clever about it as I think if you pick a business that relates to you maybe or that is a genuine interest you can show your personality and character so maybe link back to you if anything but don’t worry. Just be honest :)

Reactions: Jen E C and Lumree

Pallatablelawyer

Legendary Member
    Jun 12, 2019
    I do not agree with this! Most people do it without the questions and therefore get a chance to equally prepare. Someone telling you what the questions might also be hurting their own chances.

I think it is fine to get some general tips but straight out asking for the questions I don’t think is right.
    Ultimately I feel as though, you usually get people who’ve passed that stage telling people the questions. At the end of day, we are all trying to get a training contract.. anything helps.. if anyone is willing to tell others the questions it’s not a bad thing I feel. It’s akin to you networking with a partner and they give you insight into their firm for interviews or trainees. Those aren’t general. They’re usually very specific. And I don’t think you’d be hurting your own chances because if you didn’t answer it well it’s just a fact.. they’d only pick you if you answered the questions well not based on the quality of your answer against the general response or so.

Demna87

Distinguished Member
    Aug 23, 2018
    Ultimately I feel as though, you usually get people who’ve passed that stage telling people the questions. At the end of day, we are all trying to get a training contract.. anything helps.. if anyone is willing to tell others the questions it’s not a bad thing I feel. It’s akin to you networking with a partner and they give you insight into their firm for interviews or trainees. Those aren’t general. They’re usually very specific. And I don’t think you’d be hurting your own chances because if you didn’t answer it well it’s just a fact.. they’d only pick you if you answered the questions well not based on the quality of your answer against the general response or so.
    Is it akin to networking? A firm representative would never tell you the very Q's that you will be asked in interview. Maybe more akin to going into an exam having already been handed the questions...

CL20

Star Member
    Oct 27, 2019
    Has anyone done a recent Video Interview with White and Case, please !!!, I need the questions PLEASEE!!!

Can't remember the questions, but there were only three questions and I think 90 seconds to answer each one. But I don't think there is a timer for your preparation time, so you will have plenty of time to think it through during the VI. Good luck! :)

bethbristol

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Oct 30, 2019
    Ok I'm really not sure if I am completely overthinking this but I am trying to answer the question 'what is a commercial issue that has interested you recently' - what here constitutes a commercial issue? I am just worried that the things I know which present a challenge for the business world are quite generic and not anything recently

Lumree

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Highest Rated Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Ok I'm really not sure if I am completely overthinking this but I am trying to answer the question 'what is a commercial issue that has interested you recently' - what here constitutes a commercial issue? I am just worried that the things I know which present a challenge for the business world are quite generic and not anything recently

Anything you’ve read in the news recently caught your interest? What does it/will it mean for businesses?

The main aspect of the question is to think why it interests you and explore that! They’re more interested in that than they are the actual issue!

• 🏆
    Reactions: Alice G
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.