Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

hkhmoon2

Jan 14, 2020
Ok, I have a question about ashurst's online assessment. What happens if the actual test itself had technical issues? I had a nightmarish experience where the entire test started lagging so my clicks would only be recognized a couple of seconds later (lo and behold the clock is still ticking). It was so frustrating. I emailed them right after though. Ahh. Anyone else had the same issue?

DavidJC

Distinguished Member
Dec 29, 2019
Ok, I have a question about ashurst's online assessment. What happens if the actual test itself had technical issues? I had a nightmarish experience where the entire test started lagging so my clicks would only be recognized a couple of seconds later (lo and behold the clock is still ticking). It was so frustrating. I emailed them right after though. Ahh. Anyone else had the same issue?
You could contact support from Reveilan or try using a different browser. It didn't lag for me when I used Firefox instead of Chrome, oddly enough.

If you've already completed all the tests, then at best, you can contact the firm for an extension of the deadline and mention this issue (I have no idea how they will respond). If you haven't completed all parts of it, you can inform Reveilan and they can reset it for you, but definitely try using a different browser.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frank

M1999

Legendary Member
Nov 28, 2019
Hi guys I have got a vacation scheme at DLA Piper but also have 6 more interviews with US firms.

What do I do? I do not want to reject a guaranteed vacation scheme but I also would rather do a vacation scheme at a US firm.

I would not want the dates to clash when I might have already confirmed with DLA Piper!
Personally I would take it. Lots of people do multiple vacation schemes and you don’t know if you’re gonna get the others!! (By the way huge congrats! When did you apply to DLA piper?)

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hi guys I have got a vacation scheme at DLA Piper but also have 6 more interviews with US firms.

What do I do? I do not want to reject a guaranteed vacation scheme but I also would rather do a vacation scheme at a US firm.

I would not want the dates to clash when I might have already confirmed with DLA Piper!
If one of your US firms are for the same intake like spring and you have summer free then they are usually very flexible if you ask and go about it in a transparent way once you have been offered that second scheme.

Reactions: m24 and Daniel Boden

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

Unless you have a lot of time to accept, I’d confirm with DLA and wait for now. You can then make a decision when you have your offers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.