Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Does anyone know if I should fill in open days etc separately in the Hogan Lovells application form (e.g. new entry for each open day) or put them all down in a single entry?
Single entry. If you have one at HL then maybe go beyond just writing the open day and the date and say what you learned (not what you did on the day!!)

Reactions: Daniel Boden and Holly

LuLa

Star Member
Future Trainee
Nov 28, 2019
I cannot reject DLA once I’ve confirmed right?

I don't actually know this for sure, but I have heard of a few people who confirmed vac schemes and then actually ended up not attending. if you get other offers and you'd rather go elsewhere then you can, practically speaking, do so. but obviously take into consideration the fact that it will reflect a bit negatively on you.
having said this, I did the DLA vac scheme a few years ago and it was actually very fun/well organised etc.. so if I were you id just try to shuffle your other offers around and actually do DLA :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Alice G

MVE49

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
I cannot reject DLA once I’ve confirmed right?
You could although it doesn’t look amazing to the firm. But obviously does happen, especially when applying for vac scheme and TCs at the same time because you can’t do a vac scheme after accepting a TC. I’d say just accept and then choose your favourite if you end up getting offers from elsewhere but also consider how likely the others will be to convert to a TC from the vac scheme

EvaK

Star Member
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 19, 2019
Has anyone heard from Squires post VI? For the Leeds Vac Scheme?
I did the VI for the London vac scheme and haven't heard anything yet. Grad recruitment said they would be making decisions at the end of last week but it appears it's taking a while to communicate them to us...

Last edited:

James Kitching

Distinguished Member
Oct 26, 2019
"Eligible candidates will need to be in the first year (or second year of a four-year course) of a law degree, or the second year of a non-law degree”

What about 3rd year of a 4 year non-law course, would that count?! Someone help! :) :)

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
"Eligible candidates will need to be in the first year (or second year of a four-year course) of a law degree, or the second year of a non-law degree”

What about 3rd year of a 4 year non-law course, would that count?! Someone help! :) :)
I would take that to mean penultimate year of a non-law course so you should be fine. Maybe ring to check before committing to an app just to be sure though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.