Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvey

Distinguished Member
Nov 11, 2018
Question to everyone

After an interview, would you send a letter or email to your interviewers to thank them?

Some people recommend it (good manners, respect etc.), but on the flip side it may not go down well with every firm (looks beggy, artificial)?

What's your thoughts?

W

Legendary Member
May 12, 2019
Question to everyone

After an interview, would you send a letter or email to your interviewers to thank them?

Some people recommend it (good manners, respect etc.), but on the flip side it may not go down well with every firm (looks beggy, artificial)?

What's your thoughts?
Depends on context really, might look beggish, but suppose it couldn’t harm

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
It seems every law firm has ghosted me :( Haven't heard back from TS, Kirkland, and Sidley Austin
Worry not on the Kirkland front- I emailed them last week, and they said that their screening process is taking longer than usual due to an unprecedented number of applications. They confirmed that my application was still under review at that point. They aimed to get more outcomes out "within the next week or so". If you still haven't heard back by next week, then there's no harm in emailing them yourself.

Anyone else not heard back from Latham yet by the way?

Reactions: w2719a
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.