Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pallatablelawyer

Legendary Member
Jun 12, 2019
I thought that i must have PFO from Weil but i found interesting that i havent received a rejection email yet. Does it mean that i may still have a hope for the firm?
In my experience i think they work in batches.. so first rejections.. first wgs.. then hold.. the go to hold.. reject from hold then put through.. so it might mean you’ve made it through this round so it’s hopeful so let’s hope.

Reactions: J Malone

Miki3999

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Jun 2, 2019
    Imagine you got it though, baller move

To make things worse, I applied (this time willingly) for a CC training contract and got an email saying that because I had passed the WG already, I didn't have to do it again. So I was chilling, reading TCLA threads until the deadline day came. I expected the decision around January so I was still chilled, but guess what came into my mailbox a few minutes after the deadline... A REJECTION!!

PhoebeL

Esteemed Member
    Jan 7, 2020
    Haven’t heard back from Linklaters after getting in contact with them last week about my Capp assessment results which weren’t sent to me. The GR said she would email the assessment provider but no news yet.

I’m debating calling but I don’t want to be annoying as it isn’t urgent I’m just nosy. has this happened to anyone else??

AH9891

Valued Member
    Jan 11, 2020
    Haven’t heard back from Linklaters after getting in contact with them last week about my Capp assessment results which weren’t sent to me. The GR said she would email the assessment provider but no news yet.

I’m debating calling but I don’t want to be annoying as it isn’t urgent I’m just nosy. has this happened to anyone else??

Honestly, while the report is interesting, it doesn’t tell you much. My lowest scoring attribute is what I view as my greatest strength, so how out of everything this could end up being my lowest score I haven’t got a clue. If you really want it, maybe give them a call, but it doesn’t add anything in terms of figuring out if you did well on the overall test or not, but maybe that’s just me ☺️

Last edited:
    • 🤝
    Reactions: Holly, Alice G and FutureCity

Cory Bloxham

Jan 31, 2020
    Hi Cory! Can I ask when you submitted and when you heard back please?
    Just anxiously waiting here lol
    Heya, I sent my application on the 21st of December and heard back for an assessment centre on the 8th of January :) hope they’re getting round to emailing you for an assessment centre! I’ve got mine tomorrow, so if you need any information let me know!

Reactions: ZH

Camilla

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    Me too, I didn’t share earlier because sometimes it can feel like you want to deal with things privately as I did at the time. I’m hoping I did enough for A&O :)

I’m feeling ok and positive though and didn’t really feel like that was my firm in the same way I feel for A&O and FF so keeping the faith in this process :)

Yeah it's hard but the first firm I was rejected from post AC I ate a whole tub of ice cream and felt super down. But if I had gotten than TC I wouldn't have interviewed at Linklaters which was a great experience and I learnt a lot in the process of preparing. So I think everything happens for a reason.

It also helps that I received another AC invite yesterday, although I am on holiday for the date so hoping it can be changed.

Hope you get good news from A&O :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.