Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ei12na

Jan 1, 2020
Haven’t heard back from Linklaters after getting in contact with them last week about my Capp assessment results which weren’t sent to me. The GR said she would email the assessment provider but no news yet.

I’m debating calling but I don’t want to be annoying as it isn’t urgent I’m just nosy. has this happened to anyone else??

I did not get the Capp assessment results too! (And did not hear back yet, my page is on candidate review when I log in)

Samar

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Sep 28, 2019
Morning everyone,

This is so unrelated but here goes. Did three rounds of interviews for a really great job recently, including all kinds of tests that I studied hard to make sure I knew as I don't do all aspects of the role currently so wanted to show I could do it. Whilst applying for TCs etc, I have always maintained the thought that I should have a career also.

Anyway, I didn't get the job because they deemed me too experienced and too knowledgeable that I would outgrow the role too soon. Obviously absolutely gutted that they gave the job to someone else who did worse on the tests because there was room for growth for them and wouldn't need a promotion.

I was just listening to a podcast and they said "failure is how you come to the right result" so I am about to hand in my notice at my current job because I have realised that personal happiness is way more important than sitting in toxic work environments for the sake of getting ahead in a 'good' corporate career.

Basically just saying don't do something that doesn't make you truly happy just because you think it might be right.

Anyway, wish me luck and let's hope for better energy in 2020.

p.s. no-one ask me when I applied LOL

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Morning everyone,

This is so unrelated but here goes. Did three rounds of interviews for a really great job recently, including all kinds of tests that I studied hard to make sure I knew as I don't do all aspects of the role currently so wanted to show I could do it. Whilst applying for TCs etc, I have always maintained the thought that I should have a career also.

Anyway, I didn't get the job because they deemed me too experienced and too knowledgeable that I would outgrow the role too soon. Obviously absolutely gutted that they gave the job to someone else who did worse on the tests because there was room for growth for them and wouldn't need a promotion.

I was just listening to a podcast and they said "failure is how you come to the right result" so I am about to hand in my notice at my current job because I have realised that personal happiness is way more important than sitting in toxic work environments for the sake of getting ahead in a 'good' corporate career.

Basically just saying don't do something that doesn't make you truly happy just because you think it might be right.

Love this, good for you!

Ausgrad

Jan 30, 2020
    Yeah it's hard but the first firm I was rejected from post AC I ate a whole tub of ice cream and felt super down. But if I had gotten than TC I wouldn't have interviewed at Linklaters which was a great experience and I learnt a lot in the process of preparing. So I think everything happens for a reason.

It also helps that I received another AC invite yesterday, although I am on holiday for the date so hoping it can be changed.

Hope you get good news from A&O :)
    Did you have an AC interview at Links? Would love to know what you thought about and get some general tips/feedback on the process

ComplianceChange

Legendary Member
    May 16, 2019
    Morning everyone,

Hey Samar,

I think that you are absolutely right- I recently handed in my notice to my job because it was a really toxic environment although it was a brilliant role.

Being happy in life is so much more important than destroying your mental and physical health for a role that will take no time to replace you

• 🤝
    • ℹ️
    Reactions: Plum and Samar
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.