Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
Jan 22, 2020
It's not that crazy for them to ask proof/evidence! it's just a diagnostic certificate, doctors note, that kinda thing

Yeah it's very common for Links to ask for supporting documentation. I did the same for my AC last year and sent them all the documents I had. I guess the more you can send the better but it's a very routine thing from law-firms

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
Jan 22, 2020
Mental health-wise, I kinda feel like I need to do something else, other than constantly checking my emails and this thread. Any suggestions? :)

Best thing that I started doing was working on other apps and try to submit them. Worst case scenario if you get rejected, you know that you have other options so I'd recommend that.

If not that, start making plans with your friends and start getting out the house and doing stuff. You'll still check your e-mails but you'll be out and about. I'm going to restart the gym in the next few days and at least I'll be doing something as well as refreshing e-mails.

Hope you hear good news soon! :)

Reactions: Camilla and Eva

Eva

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Mar 24, 2018
Best thing that I started doing was working on other apps and try to submit them. Worst case scenario if you get rejected, you know that you have other options so I'd recommend that.

If not that, start making plans with your friends and start getting out the house and doing stuff. You'll still check your e-mails but you'll be out and about. I'm going to restart the gym in the next few days and at least I'll be doing something as well as refreshing e-mails.

Hope you hear good news soon! :)

Will do so, thanks for the suggestions! Fingers crossed.

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
Jan 22, 2020
Also, if anyone wants any AC advice on the below, let me know:

Travers Smith - Summer VS
Linklaters - TC
Macfarlanes - TC
Clifford Chance - TC

:)

FYI I didn't get any offers lol. I was REJECTED by all 4 haha but I'm ready and here to give y'all some advice!

What was encouraging was I slowly built up on the feedback from each AC... hopefully the next AC will be the last one!

D95

Valued Member
Premium Member
Sep 17, 2019
FYI I didn't get any offers lol. I was REJECTED by all 4 haha but I'm ready and here to give y'all some advice!

What was encouraging was I slowly built up on the feedback from each AC... hopefully the next AC will be the last one!

That is nice of you to offer share your experience and offer advice, it never ceases to amaze me how wonderful the community here is!

(Also, I am pretty sure that all the skills that you have gathered will help you to smash any upcoming ACs! :) )

Penelope

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 2
  • Aug 14, 2019
    Rejected from Reed Smith post research q's

(Weird that RS used to put their research questions on the apply4law application last app season and now they don't)
    Sorry to hear
    They have a new GR team this year and have completely changed their process - e.g. now only recruiting through the VS

Reactions: FutureCity

Mirela Mihova

Star Member
    Dec 13, 2019
    That’s very interesting. I really honestly doubt that a little bit because of what another person on the thread said earlier..Essentially they got a few below averages and one above average .. then they got through.. so I wonder if there are other things taken into consideration or it’s just pure luck. Whoever reads your app considers it all then decides.
    I saw the other responses afterwards yes! I have no idea in this case, I had met the firm (both graduate recruiters actually) and I thought my application was good - maybe they want a specific combination of strengths? I can only guess :D

Jean

Star Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Aug 15, 2018
    Has anyone heard back from the following firms?

Linklaters - Direct TC
    Freshfields - London Asia TC
    Simmons & Simmons - Summer VS
    Hogan Lovells - Direct TC
    Mayer Brown - Direct TC

Last edited:
    Reactions: J Malone
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.