Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

FC

Star Member
  • Jan 27, 2020
    Has anybody else been totally ghosted by Addleshaw Goddard post-application? I was having trouble receiving any emails from the portal so tried emailing them about that and still received nothing.

Same. I also had trouble logging into the portal & receiving emails to my personal address. I'm taking it as a rejection at this point.

Paige M

Future Trainee
    Feb 13, 2019
    Has anybody else been totally ghosted by Addleshaw Goddard post-application? I was having trouble receiving any emails from the portal so tried emailing them about that and still received nothing.
    I completed my VI on 23/12 and only heard back from them on 27/01 - so way more than a month! I think in their case no news is good news, as they're still reviewing applications. Plus, I think their AC's run into March so you can still be invited to those dates if you haven't heard anything yet. (This is re the London office).

• 🤝
    Reactions: HD and Hope3345

Hope3345

Mar 14, 2018
    I completed my VI on 23/12 and only heard back from them on 27/01 - so way more than a month! I think in their case no news is good news, as they're still reviewing applications. Plus, I think their AC's run into March so you can still be invited to those dates if you haven't heard anything yet. (This is re the London office).

I mean, that would be great if so! Since I haven't even been invited to VI though I have a bad feeling about my case.

Reactions: ShelleyEds and FC

Lauren2

Valued Member
    Jan 28, 2020
    Same. I also had trouble logging into the portal & receiving emails to my personal address. I'm taking it as a rejection at this point.
    Re Addleshaw Goddard - I was successful last year, but went around two months without hearing anything after submitting my VI. I then checked my portal and the AC invite hadn't come through to my email, so do keep checking that. Don't lose hope just yet! :) I remember they ran ACs late into Feb last year.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Aurochschiette and Hope3345

Maddie R

Esteemed Member
    Jan 10, 2019
    Not sure where the best place to put this is, but does anyone have any tips for how to structure a client/internal memo?
    On my VS last year I was told that you don't need to present all the details but rather simply explain your point across. May be different for different firms/partners because I think a lot of it depends on the personal preference of who requested it!

Reactions: bethbristol

ComplianceChange

Legendary Member
    May 16, 2019
    Hey, does anyone have experience with PwC's assessment day? Would appreciate any insight/tips/anything.

I did one for a non-law grad scheme a few years ago (so things may be different)

1.Be friendly w/ all the other people who are going for schemes.
    2. Don't take over and be controlling on any group exercise, but do be a little authoritative. Basically be balanced!
    3. Try to keep calm if you have to do more testing because they really don't give you much time and if you struggle to finish don't worry and don't compare how much you got through with others

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Aurochschiette

acceleratedlaw

Legendary Member
    Jan 27, 2020
    guys quick question: if during an AC u had to do a written exercise in a short amount of time, but u noticed afterward there were a few typos - how detrimental is that to ur outcome? sorry v specific question but im curious

bethbristol

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Oct 30, 2019
    On my VS last year I was told that you don't need to present all the details but rather simply explain your point across. May be different for different firms/partners because I think a lot of it depends on the personal preference of who requested it!

ah ok so like give your version of it succinctly? is there any sort of formatting requirements that you may know of?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.