Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
You're such an amazing candidate Alice; it's their loss. Rooting for you to get FF and I know your time IS coming (WHEN, not if :) ). You're such an asset to this forum, please don't beat yourself up about this too much!
Thank you for your support and I’m praying to the TC gods I get the chance to show FF what I’m made of :) :)

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Thank you both for such kind and supportive messages! It’s true that we just have to keep looking forward and developing. Where my feedback from tommy two previous ACs have been quite unhelpful and entirely conflicting with each other, I hope this one gives me clarity and genuine help to progress

Feedback is important but the reason it often conflicts is because part of the process relies on luck and subjectivity. I think it’s important to get feedback to move forward but also to remember how far you’ve come through hard work and determination. Rather than try to see where you went ‘wrong’ - remember your strengths and continue to build on them!

ComplianceChange

Legendary Member
    May 16, 2019
    Just gonna say this quick- I got my A&O rejection today and feeling honestly gutted. Only FF left this cycle and I did the WG on a very ‘low’ day and so worried I probably haven’t met the benchmark. Not too sure what went wrong with A&O and feedback could take time so closure isn’t an imminent possibility. I will be ok but just feeling really sad that I come so close to then fall at the final hurdle every time. Genuinely don’t feel like I can take many more of these setbacks so gonna really assess my situation these next few days. That wasn’t actually as quick as I expected but thanks for your continued support everyone. I just hope one day I might have good news for you guys too :) I don’t mean this to sound hypocritical as I always tell you guys it’s when not if, and I wholeheartedly believe that. But it’s important to weigh up the damage being caused in the process of all this and I’m just needing to take time to reflect. I really do believe good things come to those who wait and deserve it so I hope my headspace will be better as this week goes on.
    Sending you all the hugs and best wishes <3. You are such a beacon of hope and a ray of positivity and you will soon be rewarded for that <3

iamJW

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 21, 2019
    Just gonna say this quick- I got my A&O rejection today and feeling honestly gutted. Only FF left this cycle and I did the WG on a very ‘low’ day and so worried I probably haven’t met the benchmark. Not too sure what went wrong with A&O and feedback could take time so closure isn’t an imminent possibility. I will be ok but just feeling really sad that I come so close to then fall at the final hurdle every time. Genuinely don’t feel like I can take many more of these setbacks so gonna really assess my situation these next few days. That wasn’t actually as quick as I expected but thanks for your continued support everyone. I just hope one day I might have good news for you guys too :) I don’t mean this to sound hypocritical as I always tell you guys it’s when not if, and I wholeheartedly believe that. But it’s important to weigh up the damage being caused in the process of all this and I’m just needing to take time to reflect. I really do believe good things come to those who wait and deserve it so I hope my headspace will be better as this week goes on.

Hi Alice,

I am so sorry to hear this! I remember when I wrote about my shortcomings on here and your kind message really helped me pick myself up but I understand how you must feel right now. I think everyone in this community can wholeheartedly agree that we all appreciate your positivity, helpfulness and personally your bravery to sit down on here and share your experiences (positive and negative) especially after all the hard work I know you have put into the process. I am sure you will hear great news soon and just know everything happens for a reason so I do hope you can bounce back from this!

Yes, I know I am a stranger and I doubt this will really soothe the different emotions you are going through right now but I hope this message can promote some self-confidence in your abilities. A personal mantra of mine that might resonate with you is 'you didn't get this far, to only go this far!' and although you was at the final hurdle, it is clear that if you are good enough to get there then there is no reason why you cannot achieve beyond that next time!

I think it is important to remember that you come before any firm and I hope you can take the time to have a little break and when you are ready; to come back fighting as you should be incredibly proud of everything you have achieved so far! It might not be the result you wanted now, BUT I know when you do get that TC, it will be throughly deserved and have made you an even better trainee.

If you need some space to vent or to talk about anything, please do feel free to PM me (goes for anyone on this platform) as I am more than happy to help and listen.

WE BELIEVE IN YOU ALICE!

• 🤝
    • 🏆
    Reactions: NMD, ZH, Eva and 17 others

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Hi Alice,

I am so sorry to hear this! I remember when I wrote about my shortcomings on here and your kind message really helped me pick myself up but I understand how you must feel right now. I think everyone in this community can wholeheartedly agree that we all appreciate your positivity, helpfulness and personally your bravery to sit down on here and share your experiences (positive and negative) especially after all the hard work I know you have put into the process. I am sure you will hear great news soon and just know everything happens for a reason so I do hope you can bounce back from this!

Yes, I know I am a stranger and I doubt this will really soothe the different emotions you are going through right now but I hope this message can promote some self-confidence in your abilities. A personal mantra of mine that might resonate with you is 'you didn't get this far, to only go this far!' and although you was at the final hurdle, it is clear that if you are good enough to get there then there is no reason why you cannot achieve beyond that next time!

I think it is important to remember that you come before any firm and I hope you can take the time to have a little break and when you are ready; to come back fighting as you should be incredibly proud of everything you have achieved so far! It might not be the result you wanted now, BUT I know when you do get that TC, it will be throughly deserved and have made you an even better trainee.

If you need some space to vent or to talk about anything, please do feel free to PM me (goes for anyone on this platform) as I am more than happy to help and listen.

WE BELIEVE IN YOU ALICE!
    Thank you so so much for taking the time to write me such a lovely message and it’s honestly been hugely helpful to me and made me smile so thank you for that. Actually, no one has ever put it like that to me- that I haven’t gotten this far just to stop here. That is actually a very good perspective to take and I’m really going to remember that and keep that in mind moving forwards. Thank you so much for sharing this with me and helping me to reframe this bump in the road, I’m terribly grateful :)

bringtring

Standard Member
    Feb 11, 2020
    Hi everyone,

I got an email today from Slaughter and May advising that I will hear back before the end of February. They said in the email that if I had another offer, or for whatever other reason that I needed to hear the outcome ASAP to ring them.

What does this mean? Does this mean a sort of "pooling"?

I know people at some universities have started to hear back from the firm, as of last Friday. I don't know anyone else who has had the email that I got..

Reactions: w2719a and HM

MVE49

Star Member
    Jan 3, 2020
    Hi everyone,

I got an email today from Slaughter and May advising that I will hear back before the end of February. They said in the email that if I had another offer, or for whatever other reason that I needed to hear the outcome ASAP to ring them.

I know people at some universities have started to hear back from the firm, as of last Friday. I don't know anyone else who has had the email that I got..
    That’s just their standard email

Abgaal

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    May 24, 2019
    Hi everyone,

They are honestly taking the piss man, Iv literally waited a whole ass MONTH after the interview.

• Haha
    Reactions: bringtring and JayB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.