Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

bringtring

Standard Member
Feb 11, 2020
Great thanks for the responses. Well not everyone got that email? But glad it's normal

Plus they make decisions based on the partner that interviewed you. Hence how people at certain universities have heard, and others haven't. (Remember they interview on campus for some)

MVE49

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
Great thanks for the responses. Well not everyone got that email? But glad it's normal

Plus they make decisions based on the partner that interviewed you. Hence how people at certain universities have heard, and others haven't. (Remember they interview on campus for some)
I remember getting that email around this time last year, pretty sure it does go to everyone who interviews.

That is true... apparently they have meetings on Fridays where different interviewing partners all meet and then they will put forward whoever they interviewed and each partner will argue in favour of their interviewees. Then they have a discussion about it and make a decision.

Abgaal

Legendary Member
Premium Member
May 24, 2019
I remember getting that email around this time last year, pretty sure it does go to everyone who interviews.

That is true... apparently they have meetings on Fridays where different interviewing partners all meet and then they will put forward whoever they interviewed and each partner will argue in favour of their interviewees. Then they have a discussion about it and make a decision.
Mate i didnt get the email looooool

• Haha
Reactions: 202023r and JayB

Dos

Star Member
Aug 2, 2019

Not too sure about that- I know someone who got that email and they applied for Spring(which has no interview mind you..)... I''m considering if others get pooled...

epwz98

Oct 31, 2019
Hey everyone!

I've gotten an AC for Eversheds Sutherland, and would greatly appreciate if anyone has any tips on it!

Also, I've been going over the firm profile again, and it seems that what's extremely attractive about the firm is the culture more so than anything else? In terms of its work capabilities, it's not quite as global as Baker McKenzie, for practice area, its Tier 1 for mid-market M&A in London, but average in everything else. I've been trying to find things that really distinguish the firm - I'm not sure, any suggestions?

Pallatablelawyer

Legendary Member
Jun 12, 2019
Hey everyone!

I've gotten an AC for Eversheds Sutherland, and would greatly appreciate if anyone has any tips on it!

Also, I've been going over the firm profile again, and it seems that what's extremely attractive about the firm is the culture more so than anything else? In terms of its work capabilities, it's not quite as global as Baker McKenzie, for practice area, its Tier 1 for mid-market M&A in London, but average in everything else. I've been trying to find things that really distinguish the firm - I'm not sure, any suggestions?
Well I think you’ve identified their usp

Reactions: epwz98

csyn

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Rejected from Stephenson Harwood but they invited me to attend their open day later this year!! Does anybody know if this is standard practice for the firm?

not that I know off - it seems that you've been given a second chance? which is unlike most law firms in that sense hahah.

may i ask when you applied to stephenson harwood? and applied for their TC or VS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.