Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ifmhouse4

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Jan 14, 2020
Does anyone have any Ropes & Gray AC tips?
Hey there! It is a very long day in my opinion with a few exercises. Just be confident and be yourself! When I completed an AC two years ago it was an hour interview with a Partner and Associate, be prepared to back yourself up because they really challenge you. We also had to complete a written exercise, negotiation exercise and a presentation. However, the HR manager has changed so this may have altered! hope this helps :)

DavidJC

Distinguished Member
Dec 29, 2019
Well BCLP rejection post AC. Not really surprised. I got asked mostly strength based questions when I was told it was a competency based interview. Anyway I've asked for feedback so I can improve. At least it's a good experience :)

Talking about strength based does anyone know how to structure an answer for them?
Sorry to hear, hope you don't mind me asking, but what's the difference between strengths-based and competency-based?

Reactions: GM

Roland

Distinguished Member
Jan 10, 2019
Just to clarify for people who applied to Hogan Lovells, the WG test is automatic. I emailed grad rec and they informed me that I passed the Watson Glaser but was unsuccessful on the basis of my application, so I think it is ok to assume that it is automatic.
From my personal experience, I applied to Hogan Lovells last cycle for direct TC and didn't even get the WG test invite and got rejected. This cycle, I've improved my answers and luckily I received the WG test invite! So I do think they will look at your application before sending the test invite and then judge your application with the WG score as a whole to make a decision.

Hope3345

Mar 14, 2018
I had a telephone interview for Mayer Brown on Monday and was told at the end of the call I'd likely hear back on Wednesday. I haven't had any further news so I'm wondering if I should give them a call or if I should just wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.