Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jen E C

Esteemed Member
Sep 6, 2018
Hi guys, just wondering whether there's much point in applying for direct TC's if you have no prior formal vacation scheme experience? Most people that I have asked tend to say not to bother.

It would certainly be harder but I don't think that should stop you, I know people who have gotten TCs without having done a vacation scheme at all. However, some sort of law related experience would be necessary I think, to show you know what you're getting into and show commitment to law.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi guys, just wondering whether there's much point in applying for direct TC's if you have no prior formal vacation scheme experience? Most people that I have asked tend to say not to bother.

depends on the strength of the rest of your application, particularly other work experience and your motivational answers.

ithw3064

Jan 6, 2020

I got my direct Links TC this year without having even done an open day before so it’s definitely possible!

Same for me - got my direct TC with HL having never done an open day or vac scheme! I do think it depends on the firm though - with HL I noticed that a decent (i.e. pretty small but not negligible) number of their trainees on LinkedIn had never done a VS before. I also got through to AC with Freshfields last year so they're probably worth a shot too

• 🤝
  • ℹ️
Reactions: Eva, thirdtimelucky and CalibreX1
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.