Hill Dickinson 2019/2020 application

TommyD

Standard Member
Mar 4, 2020
Mine was 11th of March. Was told that I would hear back by the end of the month. Have heard nothing as of yet, but I imagine this coronavirus situation has thrown a lot of things into disarray for the firm.

Reactions: Popal

astra3127

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
I am glad I'm not alone. It's driving me crazy, I applied for the London Office and had my virtual interview on March 11 or 12, can't remember. I think it was the best interview I've ever done, I felt like I had a good chance and I really, really like this firm - but I've heard nothing. Emailed grad rec a week or two into April asking for an update and I've received no response. Seems like everyone except the grad rec head has been furloughed, because I got automatic replies that they were "out of office" and I can imagine what that means. Maybe they are just deciding what to do, I would think Shipping and Healthcare are two industries that will survive this crisis, but I'm so anxious wondering when we will hear back

Popal

Distinguished Member
Feb 25, 2020
I am glad I'm not alone. It's driving me crazy, I applied for the London Office and had my virtual interview on March 11 or 12, can't remember. I think it was the best interview I've ever done, I felt like I had a good chance and I really, really like this firm - but I've heard nothing. Emailed grad rec a week or two into April asking for an update and I've received no response. Seems like everyone except the grad rec head has been furloughed, because I got automatic replies that they were "out of office" and I can imagine what that means. Maybe they are just deciding what to do, I would think Shipping and Healthcare are two industries that will survive this crisis, but I'm so anxious wondering when we will hear back
That would definitely explain the time lapse! Did you apply for the direct training contract or insight scheme? I am waiting post application

astra3127

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
That would definitely explain the time lapse! Did you apply for the direct training contract or insight scheme? I am waiting post application

I applied for the insight scheme, which had been shortened to a one day assessment centre which was supposed to happen in June. It’s basically May now, I still wonder what’s going to happen...
:/ I really wish they’d at least email us, or respond to my email, but I understand they are probably as anxious about their futures as we are :(

Callum Tanton-parham

Standard Member
Dec 21, 2019
I applied for the insight scheme, which had been shortened to a one day assessment centre which was supposed to happen in June. It’s basically May now, I still wonder what’s going to happen...
:/ I really wish they’d at least email us, or respond to my email, but I understand they are probably as anxious about their futures as we are :(

It is unfortunate, but expected in these times! it's good no one else has heard too.

They also took about 4 months to get back from the application for me, I don't think its anything to worry about!

Popal

Distinguished Member
Feb 25, 2020
This is random but did anyone else not get a confirmation email from HD? I didn’t but the application has definitely submitted according to the online app portal. Starting to think I should drop them a message if it’s just me!

astra3127

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
I actually didn't get a confirmation email, I only got an email once it was time for me to take the online test. If you applied for the insight scheme that's not good news you haven't received an email, you should have taken the test by now. I can't speak for the direct TC app though, maybe those applicants haven't been screened for online tests yet

Popal

Distinguished Member
Feb 25, 2020
I actually didn't get a confirmation email, I only got an email once it was time for me to take the online test. If you applied for the insight scheme that's not good news you haven't received an email, you should have taken the test by now. I can't speak for the direct TC app though, maybe those applicants haven't been screened for online tests yet

I'm applying for direct TC so hopefully I don't need to start worrying just yet, given the next formal stage in the process isn't until July. But thanks for letting me know!

astra3127

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
Update: I received a reply to my email today. I was getting worried because I sent it at the beginning of April and it’s nearly May, but today the graduate recruitment head responded and said they’re monitoring the situation daily and will get back to us soon, so that’s something at least! I think they’re waiting to see if lockdown provisions get loosened so they can go ahead with insight scheme/AC

Popal

Distinguished Member
Feb 25, 2020
:)
Update: I received a reply to my email today. I was getting worried because I sent it at the beginning of April and it’s nearly May, but today the graduate recruitment head responded and said they’re monitoring the situation daily and will get back to us soon, so that’s something at least! I think they’re waiting to see if lockdown provisions get loosened so they can go ahead with insight scheme/AC
Great to know, thanks so much for the update! Fingers crossed they can go ahead and are still considering us for this year. Keep us posted and I’ll do the same :)

Reactions: astra3127

Sager1

Jun 28, 2019
Hey guys. I've got an insight scheme for the Manchester office and haven't heard anything since my confirmation email to confirm my place which I received in March. So.. What's the deal? Anyone got an idea?

astra3127

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
Has anyone anywhere heard anything... their London insight scheme is supposed to be in a month, I already emailed them so I don't want to be annoying and email again. So frustrating, I have an AC at another firm and they haven't given any update either on the date of the AC or any of the details. My visa expires the 31st of Aug and I have no idea how to plan my tickets around it...I just don't want to aggravate the firms when they're probably already very stressed out by the situation themselves

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Has anyone anywhere heard anything... their London insight scheme is supposed to be in a month, I already emailed them so I don't want to be annoying and email again. So frustrating, I have an AC at another firm and they haven't given any update either on the date of the AC or any of the details. My visa expires the 31st of Aug and I have no idea how to plan my tickets around it...I just don't want to aggravate the firms when they're probably already very stressed out by the situation themselves
    I'd try calling this week if that's the case. I really appreciate how difficult is for you and it can feel frustrating not getting an answer to your email. If you call and there's no answer, just thinking outside the box here and not sure if it would be appropriate @Jessica Booker, but if you are connected with any members off the GradRec team on LinkedIn perhaps you could send them a very polite message on that and maybe you'll get a response?

astra3127

Star Member
    Apr 25, 2020
    Yeah, I think I'll message TLT (the other firm) on Linked In as I've already had correspondence with the manager on Linked In, if I don't hear by the end of June. I don't think I should call Hill Dickinson though, because they already emailed me back in April telling me they'll let me know as soon as possible and are monitoring the situation. Was just wondering if anyone else had heard, but I doubt it...

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Yeah, I think I'll message TLT (the other firm) on Linked In as I've already had correspondence with the manager on Linked In, if I don't hear by the end of June. I don't think I should call Hill Dickinson though, because they already emailed me back in April telling me they'll let me know as soon as possible and are monitoring the situation. Was just wondering if anyone else had heard, but I doubt it...

it’s June next week, you’d be entitled to call them again for an update. If you let them know your situation and that you need to plan flights, I am sure they will be understanding of why you are contacting them.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.