Hill Dickinson 2019/2020 application

Sara

Star Member
Premium Member
Apr 17, 2018
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if someone could offer some guidance on how to answer this question.

Focusing on our values (Trust, Respect, Innovation and Collaboration) tell us what you can bring to Hill Dickinson that will set you apart from the rest. (250 words)

I was thinking of focusing on a couple of values, maybe 2 or 3. Don't know if I can fit all of them in the word count. I'll then write a situation or achievement where I have displayed them , what I learnt and the outcome and how this will help me at Hill Dickinson? Am I on the right track?

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
I managed to use an example which highlighted all four values in practice, although I didn't necessarily list them by name.

I haven't actually had a response since submitting though, so I'm not exactly in a position to say whether that is the way to go or not...

Helena

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Feb 28, 2018
This reminds me a little of the Reed Smith question on core values although theirs is not asking what you would bring. However, a similar word count and I found by grouping values together it was doable. Perhaps putting truth and respect together and innovation and collaboration in a second paragraph you can address all values succinctly.

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
Just submitted the Watson Glaser test for my application. It was practically the same as the one I did for Mills & Reeve. I passed the benchmark for that one, so it was a little distracting this time because I felt like I was trying to think what I answered for them last time!

Sara

Star Member
Premium Member
Apr 17, 2018
Just submitted the Watson Glaser test for my application. It was practically the same as the one I did for Mills & Reeve. I passed the benchmark for that one, so it was a little distracting this time because I felt like I was trying to think what I answered for them last time!

Yeah I'm just doing mine now. I wonder how high the benchmark will be

Last edited:

Sara

Star Member
Premium Member
Apr 17, 2018
Oh really? They're supposed to start Skype interviews from the 6th Feb (according to their grad rec page) so I thought they would have finished all tests by now! When's your deadline?

Today. They sent it to me yesterday saying you have to complete it by the 4th. I did apply on deadline day so I'm definitely a last minute addition :)

Last edited:

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
I hope your interview went well! Were the questions more about you as a person or about the firm? If you don't mind me asking!
They didn't really ask anything about me, which I was surprised about. I think it went okay... I felt like I rambled a bit. And one of the interviewers was very serious which was a little daunting!

Good luck

Aimee

Standard Member
Feb 12, 2020
They didn't really ask anything about me, which I was surprised about. I think it went okay... I felt like I rambled a bit. And one of the interviewers was very serious which was a little daunting!

Good luck
Oh really? Was it more skills/competency based? Or was it heavily focused on the firm? Well done though I'm sure it went well! Got my fingers crossed for you

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
Oh really? Was it more skills/competency based? Or was it heavily focused on the firm? Well done though I'm sure it went well! Got my fingers crossed for you
It was mainly about the firm.

I feel like what I said was good but perhaps I just rushed it. Wish I had taken a bit more of a breath before speaking. Might just not have been good enough for me this time!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.