How much does it matter where you take an SQE?

maddogrobbo

Apr 25, 2024
I am currently looking at self-funding my SQE LLM. I was looking at Nottingham Law School, University of Law, or BPP. I was wondering what type of preferences law firms have between different SQE prep course . master's providers etc? Furthermore, is it perceived differently if I take it online? As I wouldn't be able to relocate to London whilst taking the course.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I am currently looking at self-funding my SQE LLM. I was looking at Nottingham Law School, University of Law, or BPP. I was wondering what type of preferences law firms have between different SQE prep course . master's providers etc? Furthermore, is it perceived differently if I take it online? As I wouldn't be able to relocate to London whilst taking the course.
Law firms really won’t care how you prep for the SQE, just whether you pass the assessments.

RJ29

Standard Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Sep 28, 2022
    It doesn't matter which Law School you go to for SQE prep. Law firms only care if you pass.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.