Including finance on CV

Esporia

• Sep 9, 2021
    I'm applying for law and investment banking roles, and as such have a mix of extra-curriculars involving both. Should I still include things like excel modelling competitions on my CV? I fear it may make me appear as undedicated to law.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I'm applying for law and investment banking roles, and as such have a mix of extra-curriculars involving both. Should I still include things like excel modelling competitions on my CV? I fear it may make me appear as undedicated to law.
    Personally I would include things like this. Showing you have considered different careers and tired out different skills is not a bad thing as long as you can explain why commercial law is for you.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.