qualifications on cv

mkap

Star Member
Dec 8, 2022
I am in process of editing my cv. I am applying for paralegalling roles and legal graduate schemes/internships.

For my GCSEs, I studied 8 subjects and I also did a BTEC course in Health & Social Care (which is equivalent to one GCSE).
I am slightly confused about whether I should put down on my cv that I did a BTEC course during my GCSEs. For now my cv shows that I have "8 GCSEs including Maths and English".

I have also completed my Law degree.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I'd present it something like the following:

8 GCSEs (including Maths *** and English ***), plus BTEC in Health & Social Care (equivalent to 1 x GCSE)

Obviously put the grades in for your Maths and English GCSEs where the *** are!

Reactions: axelbeugre and mkap

mkap

Star Member
Dec 8, 2022
Thank you so much for your help.

I was told once by the career service in my uni that I don’t need to include it because it’s not relevant and it was taking up more space in my cv.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thank you so much for your help.

I was told once by the career service in my uni that I don’t need to include it because it’s not relevant and it was taking up more space in my cv.
It's only going to be on one line so isn't going to take up too much space. If you wanted you could drop the BTEC subject given you don't list out all of your GCSE subjects.

Reactions: mkap

mkap

Star Member
Dec 8, 2022
Thanks you so much.

I agree with your point :)

I was just worried that I didn't include the btec subject on my cv and employers might be confused if they ask evidence of my GCSE certificates.

Reactions: axelbeugre

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.