Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi everyone,

It is my pleasure to ask you to please join me and the rest of the TCLA team in welcoming @Selma95 and @yanerlim, the new moderators of the TCLA forum.

Both of them have been a great source of knowledge and help within the forum already, and I'm delighted to be working with them over the upcoming academic year.

Please give them a warm welcome :)

Salma

Legendary Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    Haha thank you Nicole and Jaysen, I really do look forward to working with the team this coming academic year.

By way of introduction, My name is Salma, however, I go by the name Selma (hence the user name). I completed my LLB degree in 2017 and then went straight into the LPC and completed it earlier this year (June 2018). I have interviewed at a range of US/city and mid-sized firms and in the summer successfully secured and completed a vacation scheme at a mid-sized firm in the city.

As a moderator for TCLA, I look forward to working with all members (whether new or old), answer student queries (as helpfully as I can) or forward the issue to someone who can answer it. Feel free to message me or Yaner with any questions you may have and we will try our best to assist you.

We are currently at 501 members and I look forward to the day where TCLA reaches 1,000 members so please share this amazing, supportive and friendly initiative as many times as you can.

Last edited:

Nicole

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Feb 28, 2018
    Haha thank you Nicole and Jaysen, I really do look forward to working with the team this coming academic year.

By way of introduction, My name is Salma, however, I go by the name Selma (hence the user name). I completed my LLB degree in 2017 and then went straight into the LPC and completed it earlier this year (June 2018). I have interviewed at a range of US/city and mid-sized firms and in the summer successfully secured and completed a vacation scheme at a mid-sized firm in the city.

As a moderator for TCLA, I look forward to working with all members (whether new or old), answer student queries (as helpfully as I can) or forward the issue to someone who can answer it. Feel free to message me or Yaner with any questions you may have and we will try our best to assist you as best as we can.

We are currently at 501 members and I look forward to the day where TCLA reaches 1,000 members so please share this amazing, supportive and friendly initiative as many times as you can.

Awesome introduction. Completely agree!!

Reactions: Salma

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

As a moderator for TCLA, I look forward to working with all members (whether new or old), answer student queries (as helpfully as I can) or forward the issue to someone who can answer it. Feel free to message me or Yaner with any questions you may have and we will try our best to assist you.

Great to finally hear about your background!

• Haha
    Reactions: Salma

yanerlim

Valued Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Hello everyone! I am Yaner Lim, fresh LLM graduate (Commercial Law) from University of Bristol. I previously did my LLB in Cardiff University, and have had some interview experience with a few mid-sized firms such as Pinsent Masons, Osborne Clark and Trowers and Hamlins. I have a keen interest to practise as an Information Technology lawyer, but want to explore more when I start my training contract.

TCLA is a great site to get excellent resources and an honest insight into training and working in a law firm. I am so happy and am looking forward to be working with such a great community that want to help each other thrive in this environment!

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Hi All,

I'm very happy to introduce our new moderator: @Alice G. She has been a great source of support and knowledge within the forum and we're delighted to have her join the forum team.

Please give her a warm welcome!
    Fantastic news - congratulations @Alice G. You will be an asset to the team.

Thank you both very much for your kind words!

I am absolutely delighted to have joined the team and hope to be as supportive as possible to each and every member, old and new!!

Just a little bit about me in terms of an introduction:

I graduated from the University of Warwick in July 2017 with a history degree and I didn't know what I wanted to do afterwards. Having worked at Starbucks throughout my A-levels and undergraduate studies, I became a supervisor there for six months after graduating in my 'home' store in York before moving to London. I then undertook two magazine editorial internships, had an open day at Orrick and started working at a start-up as a finance and operations head. Since then, and having enjoyed my first legal open day, I decided to attend everything I could in October to December last year to explore commercial law further. I have had three ACs this year - one unsuccessful AC with Hogan Lovells and two successful ones at Shearman (spring vac scheme position) and Latham (summer vac scheme position). I also have another one coming up next week at Slaughters for a direct TC. I have also attended 6 open days this past cycle at a range of large firms :) I have yet to commence the GDL or the LPC and currently work for a family business doing their operations and daily management.

On this forum there is no such thing as a silly question and if you don't necessarily wish to post publicly in the first instance, then please do not hesitate to message me. I am always prepared to answer any questions you might have and hope that I can help you all in every way that I can!

S30

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 19, 2019
    Thank you both very much for your kind words!

I am absolutely delighted to have joined the team and hope to be as supportive as possible to each and every member, old and new!!

Just a little bit about me in terms of an introduction:

I graduated from the University of Warwick in July 2017 with a history degree and I didn't know what I wanted to do afterwards. Having worked at Starbucks throughout my A-levels and undergraduate studies, I became a supervisor there for six months after graduating in my 'home' store in York before moving to London. I then undertook two magazine editorial internships, had an open day at Orrick and started working at a start-up as a finance and operations head. Since then, and having enjoyed my first legal open day, I decided to attend everything I could in October to December last year to explore commercial law further. I have had three ACs this year - one unsuccessful AC with Hogan Lovells and two successful ones at Shearman (spring vac scheme position) and Latham (summer vac scheme position). I also have another one coming up next week at Slaughters for a direct TC. I have also attended 6 open days this past cycle at a range of large firms :) I have yet to commence the GDL or the LPC and currently work for a family business doing their operations and daily management.

On this forum there is no such thing as a silly question and if you don't necessarily wish to post publicly in the first instance, then please do not hesitate to message me. I am always prepared to answer any questions you might have and hope that I can help you all in every way that I can!

Great introduction Alice! You’ll be an asset to the team! ☺️

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.