Irwin Mitchell PLS video interview

LJ96

Premium Member
Feb 29, 2020
Has anyone done the Irwij Mitchell PLS video interview yet?

I’m not sure what to expect? Will it be just competency questions of commercial awareness too?

LJ96

Premium Member
Feb 29, 2020
Hi Lottie! The VI was enjoyable but unfortunately I wasn't successful.

My biggest tips would be:
1. Ensure you really know the values of the firm
2. Look at any initiatives the firm is currently running - wellbeing, diversity etc. - link this to the values
3. Try to be yourself and relax - make sure you don't talk over people, give everyone a chance to speak but do make your voice heard, refer to other group members by name, if you find your group is taking a long time be the person that tries to move the group on etc.

I got really good feedback for the group task but my written exercise let me down unfortunately. Good luck!

LJ96

Premium Member
Feb 29, 2020
So VI, I was successful. I would say my tips here are to practise answering Qs in the amount of time you are given - think it was 2 mins can't remember? and look at threads on here for common Q's: why this firm, when have you faced challenges, worked in a team etc. etc.

Lottie. A

Nov 7, 2020
So VI, I was successful. I would say my tips here are to practise answering Qs in the amount of time you are given - think it was 2 mins can't remember? and look at threads on here for common Q's: why this firm, when have you faced challenges, worked in a team etc. etc.
Thank you so much! I'm in the middle of LPC exams, so I'm going to have to take the assessment during the weekend and hope for the best.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.