Please indicate the status of your Irwin Mitchell application post-VI.

• Total voters

latelawyer

Mar 14, 2022
I have done my AC for the manchester office, waiting on a response now

Don’t overthink it, just be yourself and try to ensure your answers are natural in the interview as opposed to it sounding scripted. I know IM look for genuinely good people so show enthusiasm! smile & ask questions etc!

The written exercise and discussion task was a lot less intimidating than I was expecting too & regardless of whether I get the offer i genuinely enjoyed the AC.

So just do your research on the firm, give natural responses and im sure you’ll be fine!
Hey Adam!
Congrats on completing your AC.
I was just wondering whether the written exercise/discussion task are elements that you can prepare for at all - ie are you expected to show any knowledge or are they really for demonstrating your personal skills and abilities?

Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

Last edited:

Adamkhattak70

Nov 28, 2021
Hey Alex!
Congrats on completing your AC.
I was just wondering whether the written exercise/discussion task are elements that you can prepare for at all - ie are you expected to show any knowledge or are they really for demonstrating your personal skills and abilities?

Thank you so much for sharing your experience.
For the written task you do not really need any legal knowledge so it is more about skills which is understandable since non-law students also apply.

The discussion task doesn't require legal knowledge again but being relatively commercially aware could be useful.

No worries!

Reactions: latelawyer

latelawyer

Mar 14, 2022
For the written task you do not really need any legal knowledge so it is more about skills which is understandable since non-law students also apply.

The discussion task doesn't require legal knowledge again but being relatively commercially aware could be useful.

No worries!
Fantastic - this is really useful! Good luck, I hope you have a positive outcome!

Ebla4

Standard Member
Feb 21, 2022
Emailed asking for an update and then got my rejection through a few hours later. Maybe best to email if you haven’t heard back yet. Good luck to all x

Just to say I also tried this with London earlier and they just said they had a lot more applications than usual to vet and so are still reviewing them. Haven’t heard either good nor bad news since 🤷🏻‍♀️ - sorry to hear about that though ❤️ Better luck with the next one!

Reactions: Gs4

lauren22

Feb 18, 2022
Anyone know when we will hear back about the results of Manchester AC's? Does anyone have any idea of how many people usually get through?
Hi, I had a Manchester AC too. No idea when exactly when we find out - all they said is it should be before Easter... But if anyone else has any insight, that would be amazing. Really wish we had a specific date, I keep refreshing my emails just in case! Good luck :)

Reactions: Adamkhattak70

Ebla4

Standard Member
Feb 21, 2022
Has anyone else *still* not heard? I emailed them on the 16th March asking what’s up and they just said they’re still screening and it’s taking them a while but it feels so weird to still not have had either an offer or a rejection yet. Is it literally just me? 🥺🙃

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.