Please indicate the status of your Irwin Mitchell application post-VI.

• Total voters

Ameliaa

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 4, 2022
Probably tbh, ACs are taking place this month so we probably would have heard by now if we had an offer :////
I haven't heard anyone receiving an invite for the AC at the London office though, but heard a couple of people have received their PFOs :/
It seems one person on the poll got an AC invite from the London office

Reactions: mol3026

Adamkhattak70

Nov 28, 2021
Congratulations!!!
Do you mind me asking when your AC is? I'm trying to decipher how much notice they're planning to give those who haven't heard anything yet, considering the website says ACs are are to take place from Feb-March
Thank you!

Of course, I actually received the email for the AC on the 23rd Feb and my AC is on the 8th of this month!

Reactions: Ameliaa

newtothis

Star Member
  • Jan 2, 2022
    Hey everyone, I'm new here but have been lurking for a while.

I applied for IM's work placement but unfortunately did not get it. The whole process was fairly relaxed and I am proud of myself for even getting to the video interview stage. (I'm not a law student).

[VI questions redacted]

I didn't get it because I was unable to coherently answer the questions and spent a lot of recording time trying to remember 'rehearsed answers' and trying to sound impressive.

I hate video interviews and seriously need extensive practice in this area but the key thing would be to relax when answering the questions.

Congratulations to everyone that got accepted for the work placements and TCs.

Last edited:

WhenSuitsMeetsGreysAnatomy

Premium Member
  • Sep 9, 2021
    Probably tbh, ACs are taking place this month so we probably would have heard by now if we had an offer :////
    No dont think of it that way! I have not heard of any person getting an AC offer for London! I have heard of PFOs but no ACs yet! They also mentioned they will start replying in the next weeks so dont worry!!:)

Reactions: ChiefSosa and TCG

Ameliaa

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 4, 2022
    Does anyone have any advice for AC's? So nervous for tomorrow!
    I haven't done any for law but I did a couple for business recruitment and was successful in the AC when I was completley involved in every aspect i.e. put in input during every task and not being too shy. Don't be afraid to show your personality a little because the more confident you are the more you stand out - This was also said to me at Shoosmiths Insight Evening so I think it might apply to IM too 😂

Good luck!

Reactions: legalgemma

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.