K&L Gates AC/Paul Hastings Interview

Alex PB

Standard Member
Aug 27, 2020
Has anyone previously undertaken the K&L Gates AC and can shed a bit of light on the nature of the group exercise as I have really struggled to find details of anyone's experience on the day. As an aside I have also managed to secure a first round TC interview at Paul Hastings; does anyone know the style the interview takes/what they are looking for at this initial stage? Thank you!

Alex PB

Standard Member
Aug 27, 2020
Unfortunately I don’t have any insight on the above, however, i wanted to ask when you applied to Paul Hastings and when you heard back? Thanks!
No worries, I applied Mid-July once I got my final grades and got a call yesterday informing me of the process, it’s a two-round interview process first with two partners. First interviews are next week so I’m assuming they are getting back to everyone now!

Loyer

Aug 29, 2020
Sorry, don't have insight either but was wondering when you heard back from K&L Gates? I haven't been sent the test and was wondering where they are up to in the application process. I had some trouble receiving tests from other firms and am worried that I might have missed an email.

Alex PB

Standard Member
Aug 27, 2020
Sorry, don't have insight either but was wondering when you heard back from K&L Gates? I haven't been sent the test and was wondering where they are up to in the application process. I had some trouble receiving tests from other firms and am worried that I might have missed an email.
I did the test about 10 days ago, got the email a few days later that I’d got onto the AC, so it’s probably worth an email for an update. Good luck!

Reactions: Loyer

Lawgirl1012

Nov 12, 2019
Has anyone previously undertaken the K&L Gates AC and can shed a bit of light on the nature of the group exercise as I have really struggled to find details of anyone's experience on the day. As an aside I have also managed to secure a first round TC interview at Paul Hastings; does anyone know the style the interview takes/what they are looking for at this initial stage? Thank you!

Hi bit random but is your interview with Paul Hastings and your AC at K&L Gates virtual or in their office?

ballaw

Sep 18, 2023
Hi Alex, did you do the AC in the end? Are you able to share any details of what was involved? Invited to AC next Monday so having the same confusion

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.