KENNEDYS SQE TRAINING PROGRAMME

zara elles

Valued Member
Dec 24, 2020
I’ve been researching online and apparently 50% of applications get offered a VI which kinda just crushed my spirits because this is the furthest I’ve got in an application before lol. Guess I’m just going to have to smash this video interview

or235

Star Member
Feb 15, 2021
I’ve been researching online and apparently 50% of applications get offered a VI which kinda just crushed my spirits because this is the furthest I’ve got in an application before lol. Guess I’m just going to have to smash this video interview
My first year of apps was last year - I applied to almost 30 firms and only received 3 VI and nothing beyond that. This round, was more specific in my approach(around 10) and this is my only VI. So take from that what you will :)

A non-law grad and current MA Law (conversion) student.

• 🏆
Reactions: Oroma, zara elles and Ava B

jw97

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2020
    It's a massive achievement to get so far for such a prestigious international firm!! I'm absolutely buzzing about it myself

• 🏆
    Reactions: Oroma and Ava B

rb26

Star Member
  • Sep 6, 2019
    Just re-iterating what everyone else has said, to even get this far is still an achievement! It shows great promise in your application.
    Go into the VI with your head high and be proud of your achievement rather than disheartened. Best of luck :)

Reactions: John Travoni

zara elles

Valued Member
    Dec 24, 2020
    Everyone on he
    Just re-iterating what everyone else has said, to even get this far is still an achievement! It shows great promise in your application.
    Go into the VI with your head high and be proud of your achievement rather than disheartened. Best of luck :)
    This is so true! I need to stop being so harsh on myself and have a little faith I guess :’) Best of luck everyone and I hope your interviews go great!

Reactions: rb26 and Oroma

zara elles

Valued Member
    Dec 24, 2020
    Also, does anyone know if the SQE programme allows for seat rotation? I’m assuming we have just picked a department and are going to stay in their for the 30 months but I thought we may have had opportunity to choose different seats like the traditional TC route?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.