KENNEDYS SQE TRAINING PROGRAMME

or235

Star Member
Feb 15, 2021
Oh me too! It was an absolute disaster 🤣 Just look at it as good practice for next time.

Does anyone know when we will hear back?
SAME and when I say bad - the flat next door decided to start DRILLING (so I acknowledged this and apologised!) and on the second question i realised i completed said one thing and expanded on a completely different thing - so on the third video i started it by saying how i meant X in the previous video, then got on with the final Q 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 fml

• Wow
Reactions: John Travoni

rb26

Star Member
  • Sep 6, 2019
    Oh me too! It was an absolute disaster 🤣 Just look at it as good practice for next time.

Does anyone know when we will hear back?
    I keep telling myself this but after several failed VI this cycle I am only starting to wonder how much practice I need 😂. Oh well, I'll have them perfected very soon.

I'm not sure when we hear back though sorry!

Oroma

Legendary Member
    Dec 1, 2020
    • New
    I don’t know what makes a good/bad interview but I just did mine and it seemed pretty straightforward. My nerves were normal and I felt my answers were natural/genuine. Maybe because I’m used to recording myself speak 😭. We will see though. My feelings and Grad Rec may be different 😩

I don’t know if this helps to calm nerves but it helped to calm mine. I personally don’t think it’s about questions being difficult I think it’s more about staying calm and being able to collect your thoughts and recollect your experiences.

As opposed to trying to prepare for “specific questions”, I spent more time thoroughly and intentionally knowing my experiences and genuine motivations and also seeing it as just a normal Q and A. It helped my answers come more easily.

I had one firm/motivation, one personality and one competency.

Goodluck everyone!

Reactions: Ava B and jw97

Oroma

Legendary Member
    Dec 1, 2020
    I keep telling myself this but after several failed VI this cycle I am only starting to wonder how much practice I need 😂. Oh well, I'll have them perfected very soon.

I'm not sure when we hear back though sorry!
    Hopefully this one is successful for youuuu😩 What would you say usually holds you back?

jw97

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2020
    • New
    I don’t know what makes a good/bad interview but I just did mine and it seemed pretty straightforward. My nerves were normal and I felt my answers were natural/genuine. Maybe because I’m used to recording myself speak 😭. We will see though. My feelings and Grad Rec may be different 😩

I don’t know if this helps to calm nerves but it helped to calm mine. I personally don’t think it’s about questions being difficult I think it’s more about staying calm and being able to collect your thoughts and recollect your experiences.

As opposed to trying to prepare for “specific questions”, I spent more time thoroughly and intentionally knowing my experiences and genuine motivations and also seeing it as just a normal Q and A. It helped my answers come more easily.

Goodluck everyone!
    Ah congratulations to you, i'm so glad you think it went well and i'm sure your confidence came across to them!!!

This is really good advice, thank you!! I really think i concentrated too much on the specific question that I thought would come up so then when questions I had not considered came up I was quite stuck!! This is why I think getting multiple opportunities to do VI's hopefully I will improve.

Good luck to you :)

rb26

Star Member
  • Sep 6, 2019
    Hopefully this one is successful for youuuu😩 What would you say usually holds you back?
    I think its just nerves, my fitbit thought I had done 22 minutes of exercise as my heart rate was so high. I didn't find the questions difficult per se, just one of them I blabbed on about something that was nothing to do with my interests, I told my dad what I said after and he laughed.

I'm also in the middle of doing my LPC exams so I think there is just so much pressure from all angles that I'm not portraying well. VIs have never been my strong point, I'm much better with conversing with an actual person. But oh well, I am definitely more confident in front of the camera! And hoping for some success soon.

Best of luck with your application!

Reactions: Oroma

Oroma

Legendary Member
    Dec 1, 2020
    Ah congratulations to you, i'm so glad you think it went well and i'm sure your confidence came across to them!!!

This is really good advice, thank you!! I really think i concentrated too much on the specific question that I thought would come up so then when questions I had not considered came up I was quite stuck!! This is why I think getting multiple opportunities to do VI's hopefully I will improve.

Good luck to you :)
    Thank you!! I hope so 😩

Yesssss that’s what normally happens.

I hope we get through!

Goodluck 💗

Oroma

Legendary Member
    Dec 1, 2020
    I think its just nerves, my fitbit thought I had done 22 minutes of exercise as my heart rate was so high. I didn't find the questions difficult per se, just one of them I blabbed on about something that was nothing to do with my interests, I told my dad what I said after and he laughed.

I'm also in the middle of doing my LPC exams so I think there is just so much pressure from all angles that I'm not portraying well. VIs have never been my strong point, I'm much better with conversing with an actual person. But oh well, I am definitely more confident in front of the camera! And hoping for some success soon.

Best of luck with your application!

😭😭😭😭😭😭

So much pressure everywhere!!! My dissertation is due in ten days. Hope your exams go well and Goodluck with yours too. I hope we get through. 💗

Chantelle22

• Mar 3, 2021
    • New

Goodluck everyone!
    thanks for this, this is really helpful. This is probably a silly question but what do you mean by personality question? Are they questions where they ask you how you would react in a situation?

Reactions: LewisBuckley04

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.