KENNEDYS SQE TRAINING PROGRAMME

zara elles

Valued Member
Dec 24, 2020
Lol I think mine could definitely be used as an example of what not to do. I said "like" a good 100 times in every question and I kept getting anxious and spinning on my chair hahaha 🤭
I think nerves is the main thing they look at rather than what you actually say. Definitely more about how you stay calm and portray yourself over content. But that’s not to say what you say isnt inportant

Lilz

Esteemed Member
Dec 16, 2020
I’ve emailed them but doubt they will allow me to finish recording
There should have been a “resuming your assessment” email link which got sent to you when you started the interview. Maybe try this if you haven’t!
Anyway best of luck and hopefully they let you redo it :)

Lilz

Esteemed Member
Dec 16, 2020
How much impact do you think the time of your application had on your success rate? I did mine today, but I am worried that they already filled up their spaces, or won’t review until Monday now anyway!

Ajkaia

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
How much impact do you think the time of your application had on your success rate? I did mine today, but I am worried that they already filled up their spaces, or won’t review until Monday now anyway!
I don't think they base it solely on the VI, I think they also take into account how you've done in the previous stages and the overview of your application when putting people through the next stage.

Lilz

Esteemed Member
Dec 16, 2020
I don't think they base it solely on the VI, I think they also take into account how you've done in the previous stages and the overview of your application when putting people through the next stage.
Sorry, I’m not sure if I was clear. I mean on the email they said to consider doing your VI as early as possible, which probably means they review them on a rolling basis. Obviously they may take a holistic approach like you said and take them all into account. But, I fear that if an app was average/ SST was average and with them having so many VI’s to go through now, they may not look through them all, particularly the mediocre apps.

Hopefully not the case anyway, just confused why they said to do it as early as you can.

Ajkaia

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Sorry, I’m not sure if I was clear. I mean on the email they said to consider doing your VI as early as possible, which probably means they review them on a rolling basis. Obviously they may take a holistic approach like you said and take them all into account. But, I fear that if an app was average/ SST was average and with them having so many VI’s to go through now, they may not look through them all, particularly the mediocre apps.

Hopefully not the case anyway, just confused why they said to do it as early as you can.
Honestly, I don't think it makes a difference. I feel like they say that so they can review applications in small batches rather than all in one go if everyone submits on the deadline.

Reactions: cjc44

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.