Latham Dubai Summer Vac Scheme

s.g

Jun 5, 2020
Hi all, I am also interested in applying for this vacation scheme given my Middle Eastern background. Since they do not offer TCs, this is basically a paid legal work experience opportunity with flights and accommodation covered. I am guessing it will be very competitive since it has very broad eligibility criteria and all expenses covered.
Trueee, do you think you could apply for it with a TC already secured, as the Dubai office don't offer them? (with the hopes of possibly joining as a NQ after)

hlaws20

Star Member
  • Jan 15, 2020
    Trueee, do you think you could apply for it with a TC already secured, as the Dubai office don't offer them? (with the hopes of possibly joining as a NQ after)
    I think you should be able to since they do not offer TCs in that part of the world. But do email and clarify before you start the application, which is very long

Reactions: s.g

Jooooopp7

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 25, 2019
    does anyone know what structure to follow for the cover letter and content as well? exp since the three questions they ask is basically the structure and content of my normal cover letters, im not sure how to differentiate the two!

LEL

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 22, 2020
    does anyone know what structure to follow for the cover letter and content as well? exp since the three questions they ask is basically the structure and content of my normal cover letters, im not sure how to differentiate the two!
    I'll probably go more into detail about the Dubai office and the ME region in general, really not sure yet. Just important not to repeat yourself

Reactions: Jooooopp7

s.g

Jun 5, 2020
    I agree, i might keep my cover letter relatively short because they have asked for the three questions

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.