Linklaters 2019/20 Application

Camilla

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    If I was rejected from the winter vac for Linklaters (I think due to my low WG result with 27/40) but asked to reapply for their spring/summer scheme, is it worth me already assuming I will be rejected again? - Linklaters didn't let me do another WG for the other scheme so I believe my score is the same???

I am wondering the same thing but it just depends on the scores of everyone else that applied. I met grad rec at an event and asked whether there was anything I can do to increase my chances of success given that I am not able to alter my application in any way.

They said that receiving that email was a good sign and that they had a really high number of applications for the Winter VS. She said to just apply again (if I want to) and my scores will be looked at alongside the other applicants.

Maybe we just missed out? It's hard to say really... I am remaining optimistic. My WG result was 62nd percentile so alright but not the best.

• 🤝
    Reactions: iamJW and Long Dinh

iamJW

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 21, 2019
    I am wondering the same thing but it just depends on the scores of everyone else that applied. I met grad rec at an event and asked whether there was anything I can do to increase my chances of success given that I am not able to alter my application in any way.

They said that receiving that email was a good sign and that they had a really high number of applications for the Winter VS. She said to just apply again (if I want to) and my scores will be looked at alongside the other applicants.

Maybe we just missed out? It's hard to say really... I am remaining optimistic. My WG result was 62nd percentile so alright but not the best.

Thank you for your reassuring response Camilla. I really hope that the case and fingers crossed it is enough this time round!

Your WG result is very positive (compared to my measly 26th percentile) so you should certainly remain optimistic! Since I am in a lower percentile range would you say this limits my chances? Or is the outcome based on the WG result and CAPP assessment?

Good luck with the rest of your applications too :)

Camilla

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    Thank you for your reassuring response Camilla. I really hope that the case and fingers crossed it is enough this time round!

Your WG result is very positive (compared to my measly 26th percentile) so you should certainly remain optimistic! Since I am in a lower percentile range would you say this limits my chances? Or is the outcome based on the WG result and CAPP assessment?

Good luck with the rest of your applications too :)

You must have passed the benchmark otherwise you would not have been asked to reapply. They may look at scores for the WG test to decide who to invite to AC but I have a feeling it is more to do with the CAPP test element.

That is just my guess anyway...

Zaynah

Oct 13, 2018
    Does anyone know when we’ll start to hear back?

I’m starting to get a bit antsy because of my WG results, I somehow managed to get 32/40 but still be in the 41st percentile?

Castelli99

Esteemed Member
    May 12, 2019
    Does anyone know when we’ll start to hear back?

I’m starting to get a bit antsy because of my WG results, I somehow managed to get 32/40 but still be in the 41st percentile?

bizarre, i was in the 90th percentile, but only got 33. I think they weight different sections more. Anyway, i think high marks wont help really - i basically think its on CAPP and WG is merely if u passed the benchmark (whatever that is)

Eamon

Star Member
    Jul 2, 2019
    bizarre, i was in the 90th percentile, but only got 33. I think they weight different sections more. Anyway, i think high marks wont help really - i basically think its on CAPP and WG is merely if u passed the benchmark (whatever that is)

that's so strange - i got 38/40 and was in the 89th percentile? makes no sense

Castelli99

Esteemed Member
    May 12, 2019
    that's so strange - i got 38/40 and was in the 89th percentile? makes no sense

I think there is also something to do with the randomized questions you get (e.g. you could get one question a specific cohort got all right, whereas one only 10% got right, therefore you get more points for it).

It says i was almost highest percentile for evaluating arguments....but much lower for others...perhaps the value that the most? Very weird

Reactions: Eamon

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.