Linklaters 2019/20 Application

Legal_rawn

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 21, 2019
Hi guys, wanted some help. I applied for the links winter VS last year and made it to an interview and then didn’t get a spot. Now that I am a final year student is it worth applying to the VS again or doing the direct TC app? I have no idea which is the smarter route to take and they are my top choice firm.

Adam Gilchrist

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
Highest Rated Member
May 4, 2020
Hi guys, wanted some help. I applied for the links winter VS last year and made it to an interview and then didn’t get a spot. Now that I am a final year student is it worth applying to the VS again or doing the direct TC app? I have no idea which is the smarter route to take and they are my top choice firm.

Do you already have a vac scheme under your belt, even from another corporate law firm? If you do, then make a direct TC application. If you don't, then a vac scheme application would be my suggestion.

Making it to the interview stage, although in and of itself impressive given the vastness of the applicant pool, isn't considered sufficient experience on its own.

As a rule of thumb, firms prefer you to have some proper corporate legal experience (ie a vac scheme usually) before considering you for a direct TC application, and Linklaters is no exception to the rule:

> "If you have not yet undertaken assessed legal work experience (typically a vacation scheme), we would advise you to apply for a vacation scheme in order to ensure you can make an informed decision about training with us" https://careers.linklaters.com/en/early-careers/your-application

• ℹ️
Reactions: Jessica Booker

XARA

Esteemed Member
Jul 27, 2020
Do you mean you haven't received the report yet? You need to email Grad Rec to get it. But it's very useful for finding out where mistakes were made!
I received the Capp report but not the score of the watson glaser. I was thinking I should wait until I hear if I progress to the next stage of my application before emailing graduate recruitment for my results!

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 14, 2019
Hope everyone is doing well. Might look like a stupid question but what is it that actually progresses the candidate to the AC at Links? Do people get the AC invite based on their CAPP Assessment Test and the WG scores or do they get the AC invite on the basis of their CV. I mean I’m aware that there is no CV to be submitted but what I meant by CV was the work experience and achievements.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hope everyone is doing well. Might look like a stupid question but what is it that actually progresses the candidate to the AC at Links? Do people get the AC invite based on their CAPP Assessment Test and the WG scores or do they get the AC invite on the basis of their CV. I mean I’m aware that there is no CV to be submitted but what I meant by CV was the work experience and achievements.

will be a mixture of all the above

Legal_rawn

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 21, 2019
Hi! They did a Q&A yesterday and they said everything is equally weighted, hope that helps!

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 14, 2019
thank you so much, can you tell me where I can get a calendar to all these Links' events and hopefully attend these online?
Can anyone please answer this? I am based in India and I want to attend as many online events hosted by Linklaters as possible. The website's calendar of events shows me nothing, so how can I get notified about these events?
Thank you so much!

• 📥
Reactions: OB

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
  • 🤝
Reactions: futuretraineesolicitor

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.