Linklaters 2019/20 Application

castrooo

Legendary Member
Sep 17, 2020
Hi everyone, I’ve been reading this discussion, and it has been very helpful. So thank you!

I am facing a problem with the Education section of the form.

In the education section, I chose 'other' for both 14-16 and 16-18 exams. I also filled out the subjects and grades for each. However, the form does not auto-save when I move to the next section. When I return to the education page, the subjects and grades details for both exams are lost.

Can someone help with this please?

Hi! :) I am having the same issue. Did you manage to solve it? Or did graduate recruitment respond to you? Thanks!

gricole

Legendary Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Jul 6, 2018
    Every year it just keeps getting worse. I got 45th percentile on the WG this time. I practiced and practiced and practiced but still can't get a decent result when it matters. At least I got Critical Thinking as one of my 2 best areas from the Capps Assessment. Let's see how it goes.

• 🤝
    Reactions: Nat000 and Jaysen

Wajahat Jilani

Star Member
    Jun 15, 2020
    Apologies if this has already been answered previously.

I meet the Linklater’s minimum work experience criteria for direct TC application. Can anyone advise if the firm prefers to recruit through vacation schemes generally?

Also, if one is unsuccessful at the application stage for the winter scheme, can you then apply for the direct TC in the same year?

Sammie

Star Member
    Nov 13, 2019
    Hi @Jessica Booker for the WG, do you know if the percentile score is more important to Grad Rec than your score out of 40? eg some could have 32/40 and score in the 40th percentile. Whereas some could have 25/40 and score in much higher percentiles. So I was wondering which of the two do they look at when progressing your app do you think? I know most firms don't share their minimum pass mark so thought this might be the best place to ask and see if people have any knowledge on this front. Thank you :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi @Jessica Booker for the WG, do you know if the percentile score is more important to Grad Rec than your score out of 40? eg some could have 32/40 and score in the 40th percentile. Whereas some could have 25/40 and score in much higher percentiles. So I was wondering which of the two do they look at when progressing your app do you think? I know most firms don't share their minimum pass mark so thought this might be the best place to ask and see if people have any knowledge on this front. Thank you :)

Percentile score will be used more than a raw score (raw score would be saying something like 30 out of 40).

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Sammie

Legal_rawn

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Dec 21, 2019
    Does anyone know if there are any other firms that recruit like Links? I know Deloitte and PWC so if there are any others people are aware of that’d be great. I just cannot seem to write a good cover letter and end up doing better in the tests :(

TM

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Dec 23, 2019
    I just completed their assessment, their deadline is today but in the email send after the assessment it states that I have 5 days to complete the WG test. Do I have to complete the WG before the deadline or do I have five days as they said in the email?

AH97

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 30, 2019
    Does anyone know if there are any other firms that recruit like Links? I know Deloitte and PWC so if there are any others people are aware of that’d be great. I just cannot seem to write a good cover letter and end up doing better in the tests :(

This isn't exactly the same, but Simmons & Simmons' written application is really short and then there's 3 tests which may be better for you?

PhoebeL

Esteemed Member
    Jan 7, 2020
    I applied so long ago that I cannot for the life of me remember, but on the App did we give our uni grades prior to the SJT/ WG test? I just got my GDL results so I want to update this if so.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.