Linklaters 2019/20 Application

J Wu

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2018
Having completed the CAPP test this Tuesday, I received an email stating that I had 5 days to complete the WG test - Does this mean that I have until tomorrow 23:59?

If you log onto the application system, it should give you an exact date and time that you need to complete the WG for. Should be 5 days from the exact time you finished the CAPP assessment

Reactions: Emily77

syw

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • May 29, 2019
    Apologies if this has already been answered. I just received my CAPP feedback but it only detailed 2 areas of strength and one weakness from their 'agile framework'. How many strengths / weaknesses did others receive? It is just that I am aware there are 4 areas in their agile framework. For reference; strongest scoring attributes were resilience and commercial thinking. Weakest was leadership.

JoNo

Legendary Member
    Jan 28, 2019
    Was wondering what are the attributes you need to get to receive an AC with Links, a bit upset because my weakest was leadership? Weird because I chose all categories towards leadership :(

highest was critical thinking and motivation

Watson Glaser I got 38/40

Legal_rawn

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Dec 21, 2019
    Was wondering what are the attributes you need to get to receive an AC with Links, a bit upset because my weakest was leadership? Weird because I chose all categories towards leadership :(

When I got an AC my highest were: respect and working with others, lowest was: resource and work management. Last time I got critical thinking instead of working with others as my highest but got rejected

Reactions: Tushar and JoNo

JoNo

Legendary Member
    Jan 28, 2019
    When I got an AC my highest were: respect and working with others, lowest was: resource and work management. Last time I got critical thinking instead of working with others as my highest but got rejected
    Ahh no! Seems like it’s a no then oh well haha!

Thanks for letting me know, hope your other applications are going well :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: Legal_rawn

A12345

Dec 18, 2018
    I'm nervous af! Has anyone received an AC invite yet, having completed all the tests for the vac scheme?

For the Spring and Summer VSs the deadline was yesterday. On their website it says they are non-rolling and that they make decisions about ACs after the deadline!

So we should start hearing back next week potentially! Good luck!

RS134

• Sep 17, 2020

If it makes you feel better, my weakness ended up being critical thinking! For me it sounds like the worst one to get ngl, but I'm sure they all sound bad as weaknesses.

Manifesting

Esteemed Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 11, 2020
    I recently did the CAPP test for the direct TC, two months after an unsuccessful winter VS application. And all my strengths and weaknesses are different?! I don’t really understand because I thought I had not changed much about my approach. My lowest now is Motivation, which I’m kind of bummed about because it sounds bad and because something like Resilience or Resource and Work Management are more in line with what I consider my weaknesses.

lawyermeup

Distinguished Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 20, 2020
    For the Spring and Summer VSs the deadline was yesterday. On their website it says they are non-rolling and that they make decisions about ACs after the deadline!

So we should start hearing back next week potentially! Good luck!

Hey! I heard back about the AC for the winter vacation scheme two weeks after the deadline. The Links winter vac scheme is still ongoing, so could hear back for it after Christmas! Just thought I'd say in case you're like me and frantically check your emails 24/7 ahaha best of luck though!!!

• 🤝
    Reactions: A12345 and nicole88

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.