Linklaters 2019/20 Application

Moe

Star Member
  • Dec 24, 2019
    Hi guys,

Just finished my Linklaters WG. It was interesting. The examples given were ones often found on the internet. However, the actual questions did not resemble any of my practice tests (I've done all the ones I could find that are free). Anyways, immediately after that, I got the notification that my application is under review. My CAPP assessment went well. I think it represented the values I endorse most: respect and motivation were my highest. Meanwhile, resource and work management was my weakest. Oh well! Let's see how things go!

If anybody received any progress on their direct TC app to Linklaters, would you be so kind as to share with all of us how the procedure went for you?

A12345

Dec 18, 2018
    I got 32/40 - looks unlikely that I'll get through. Fingers crossed though, not quite sure how much weight they put onto the WG test. Someone mentioned they had got a very high score and was still rejected.

What percentile was this? They weigh it based on percentile - I've heard someone got 38/40 but 60th Percentile!

Also, from what people have been posting, it looks like they base it more on the CAPP score than the WG! So don't worry too much about your WG score!

• 🤝
    Reactions: RubySmithers

HCY

Star Member
    Aug 17, 2019
    I got 32/40 - looks unlikely that I'll get through. Fingers crossed though, not quite sure how much weight they put onto the WG test. Someone mentioned they had got a very high score and was still rejected.

I think I saw someone get the 70th percentile and was still rejected so I don’t think the WG holds much emphasis.

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Crikey I am just reading through this as I had completely forgotten I had applied for Links. It really stands out to me that the WG isn't that big of a deal - a firm told me firms usually use it to determine if you will do well in your LPC (so you're not gonna fail it and have to retake, which is expensive). As long as you don't fail it catastrophically, don't pull your hair out because someone got 36 and you only got 35.
    I never ask for my WG result unless I have been progressed (like with CC) cause otherwise, it'll stress me out before I know my outcome. I suggest perhaps waiting and not speculating over the fine numbers - its not good for your health and you are doing so well!

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Crikey I am just reading through this as I had completely forgotten I had applied for Links. It really stands out to me that the WG isn't that big of a deal - a firm told me firms usually use it to determine if you will do well in your LPC (so you're not gonna fail it and have to retake, which is expensive). As long as you don't fail it catastrophically, don't pull your hair out because someone got 36 and you only got 35.
    I never ask for my WG result unless I have been progressed (like with CC) cause otherwise, it'll stress me out before I know my outcome. I suggest perhaps waiting and not speculating over the fine numbers - its not good for your health and you are doing so well!
    This is brilliant advice - and pass marks can never be known either and some firms (like Freshfields) take into account the strength of the application with the WG mark so if you didn't do so well in it but have a strong app it is not the end of the road! :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: JoNo, A12345 and Celestie

Moe

Star Member
  • Dec 24, 2019
    Yeah, I think my outcome was pretty good - i was really happy resilience came up as a strongest attribute. wbu?

Ended up with Motivation and Respect as my two strengths. To be honest, I'm not sure of the extent they focus on the CAPP assessment, but assuming that they look at it, I'm sure they will be really happy with both our results :)

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Ended up with Motivation and Respect as my two strengths. To be honest, I'm not sure of the extent they focus on the CAPP assessment, but assuming that they look at it, I'm sure they will be really happy with both our results :)
    I got the same Respect and Motivation as strongest and I am still on hold too. I saw on the TSR that someone received a rejection even before the deadline so I guess that for now no news is good news.
    Ahhh I got resilience and excellence (and the Resource and Work management as my worst loool)

Reactions: Moe

Moe

Star Member
  • Dec 24, 2019
    Ahhh I got resilience and excellence (and the Resource and Work management as my worst loool)

llooooolll resource and work management was my worst tooo xD

I got the same Respect and Motivation as strongest and I am still on hold too. I saw on the TSR that someone received a rejection even before the deadline so I guess that for now no news is good news.
    Yup. Hey, seeing how Clifford Chance's complicated procedure is going right now, Linklaters app feels like heaven ngl

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    llooooolll resource and work management was my worst tooo xD

Yup. Hey, seeing how Clifford Chance's complicated procedure is going right now, Linklaters app feels like heaven ngl
    I don't really get how that can be a weakness considering most of us are juggling degrees, applications, extra curricular and, in my case, a part-time job ahahhah

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.