Linklaters 2019/20 Application

J Wu

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2018
lol... I did ask and the WG result was terrible. I am below the average ... I think I would not be able to be invited ...!!!
BTW what is the meaning of T-score, STANINE score and STEN score?
I think my result is quite weird; since my critical thinking has been ranked as the strength at Capp test but my WG test is so low....
T-score, STANINE and STEN are different statistical methods of taking our score and looking at our performance relative to the group

• ℹ️
Reactions: Daniel Boden

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    lol... I did ask and the WG result was terrible. I am below the average ... I think I would not be able to be invited ...!!!
    I think my result is quite weird; since my critical thinking has been ranked as the strength at Capp test but my WG test is so low....
    Yeah I mean I got 30/40 right so 75% and that was the 42nd percentile...

Camilla

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    Hi all,

I have just got the feedback of my Capp assessment and it said that my strengths are 'critical thinking' and 'working with others' while my weakness is 'excellence'.

I feel worried because excellence is surely one of the most important factors of a solicitor but I scored the lowest.

Among the firm's Agile Mindset Framework, which may be the most important?

Thanks

Excellence was my weakest attribute too according to the CAPP. I was rejected from the winter VS but asked to reapply for the spring/summer one so it wasn't quite a straight no. Maybe someone that proceeded to assessment centre could share what their weakness was.

Reactions: J Malone

Biena

Distinguished Member
    Nov 11, 2019
    How is the Linklaters WG test compared to other WG tests at other firms?

I found it very comparable with the WG for Clifford Chance, and actually a bit easier than the WG I took for some other firms. If you've practised tests using Assessment Day or jobtestprep, it's very similar in terms of difficulty.

Reactions: W

Paralegal178

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    May 27, 2019
    Hi all,

I have just got the feedback of my Capp assessment and it said that my strengths are 'critical thinking' and 'working with others' while my weakness is 'excellence'.

I feel worried because excellence is surely one of the most important factors of a solicitor but I scored the lowest.

Among the firm's Agile Mindset Framework, which may be the most important?

Thanks

Hey, my weakness was also excellence and I’m currently on the Winter VS. My strengths were working with others and respect so I wouldn’t worry too much. I think they’re looking for a range of people and skills!

Reactions: Eva and Camilla

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019

just ignore the t-score, Stanine and STEN score, it means nothing to you, just to the recruiter looking to set benchmarks

Reactions: J Malone

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I found it very comparable with the WG for Clifford Chance, and actually a bit easier than the WG I took for some other firms. If you've practised tests using Assessment Day or jobtestprep, it's very similar in terms of difficulty.

the question may seem the same or easier, but it doesn’t necessarily mean the requirements of the test are easier. The required standard could be much higher.

It’s why I stress to try and not assume success or failure in one similar looking assessment will equate to success or failure in another.

Reactions: W

Jenna

Distinguished Member
    Dec 18, 2019
    Hi Jenna,

I have applied for a direct TC and mine is 'on hold' - however I'm certain their deadline was recent for this (please correct me if I am wrong). Have you seen an amendment in it already?

Hi,

Yeah i'm sure the deadline was recent. Mine is still currently on hold - was just curious to see if any apps had finished being reviewed yet. Although it was probably optimistic, given that the deadline was so recent!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.