Linklaters 2019/20 Application

Sammie

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Hi everyone! :) To the people who have completed the Watson Glaser test for Linklaters - was it timed or untimed?
If untimed, what is a sensible amount of time to spend on it?
Also, does that mean that timing isn't taken into consideration when calculating the overall percentile/performance?

Emina

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
Mine was not timed, I spent 15-20 mins on it, but I’m not sure whether time is taken into account :)

I’m really confused - How can it be that it was timed for some people, and not for others?! It’s very odd :/

Reactions: Demna87

Emina

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
I'm equally confused haha. Did you request extra time through reasonable adjustments?

Hahah I’m glad I’m not the only one! No I didn’t request any reasonable adjustments, but there definitely wasn’t a timer when I was doing a test (I think I checked after every single question just to make sure ) and the instructions didn’t mention any time limit... very confusing :/

Reactions: Sammie

Lawyerwithadream

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 8, 2019
Hahah I’m glad I’m not the only one! No I didn’t request any reasonable adjustments, but there definitely wasn’t a timer when I was doing a test (I think I checked after every single question just to make sure ) and the instructions didn’t mention any time limit... very confusing :/
Mine was not timed either! Very confusing. I spent about 20min on the test :)

Sammie

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019

Mine was not timed either! Very confusing. I spent about 20min on the test :)

Lol, this is so strange, a friend had their's timed! They did apply for the winter vac scheme though, so maybe the timing aspect has changed since for the spring/summer vac scheme?

How soon after completing the test did you guys receive your feedback report? Did the report say "maximum time granted 30 minutes" anyway, near the section that mentions performance?

• 🤝
Reactions: Lawyerwithadream and Emina

Emina

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
Lol, this is so strange, a friend had their's timed! They did apply for the winter vac scheme though, so maybe the timing aspect has changed since for the spring/summer vac scheme?

How soon after completing the test did you guys receive your feedback report? Did the report say "maximum time granted 30 minutes" anyway, near the section that mentions performance?

Hi Sammie! It is very strange indeed haha! I just checked my feedback report for the WG test, and you're absolutely right - it says maximum time allowed is 30 mins! Mine wasn't timed but I completed it within 15-20 mins - I am wondering if there would have been a "cut-off" if I would have gone over 30 mins? Or it could be that they have removed this requirement since the winter VS round, but that they forgot to update the reports...

I had to request my WG test report, and got it sent to me the following day! For the CAPP test, I received a report automatically the day after I did the test.

Reactions: Lawyerwithadream

Lawyerwithadream

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 8, 2019

I haven't received my report yet. Assuming I will have to request it? But to be fair, I completed mine on Friday so I may receive it tomorrow. Did you receive yours without a request?

Judy

Reactions: Emina

Emina

Star Member
Jul 16, 2019
I haven't received my report yet. Assuming I will have to request it? But to be fair, I completed mine on Friday so I may receive it tomorrow. Did you receive yours without a request?

Judy

Hi Judy, I thought I'd jump in - for the CAPP assessment, you'll get the report automatically; for the WG test you need to request a report from the grad rec team! Hope this helps :)

• 🤝
Reactions: Lawyerwithadream

h2020

Esteemed Member
Dec 26, 2019
Hi Jenna,

I have applied for a direct TC and mine is 'on hold' - however I'm certain their deadline was recent for this (please correct me if I am wrong). Have you seen an amendment in it already?

Hi,

I also applied for a direct TC in November. I received two emails to let me know that my application was still under review.

Reactions: EJ

iamJW

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 21, 2019
If I was rejected from the winter vac for Linklaters (I think due to my low WG result with 27/40) but asked to reapply for their spring/summer scheme, is it worth me already assuming I will be rejected again? - Linklaters didn't let me do another WG for the other scheme so I believe my score is the same???

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.