Linklaters 2019/20 Application

NourJ

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
Jan 1, 2020
Congrats!!

I just want to ask, how did you get ur WG result? I asked for it yesterday and they didn't give it yet.

They'll answer your email eventually. It took them 3 days to get back to me with my WG results. They're probably super overwhelmed rn with all the applications. I feel like since this year it was an assessment only, a lot of ppl applied so its harder to filter applications.

Ratish S

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Congrats!!

I just want to ask, how did you get ur WG result? I asked for it yesterday and they didn't give it yet.

They'll answer your email eventually. It took them 3 days to get back to me with my WG results. They're probably super overwhelmed rn with all the applications. I feel like since this year it was an assessment only, a lot of ppl applied so its harder to filter applications.

Just mailed them. Agree with N21, just check that you sent the request to the right mail I guess

Sammie

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
I agree with this although I have seen on TCLA that some people have received rejections. Therefore, no news can be good news for now ;)

So have people been getting rejection after the watson glaser but before being invited to AC? So far I can only see people being either 1) on hold or 2) rejected but after their AC. Would be interesting to know whether they are rejecting people post-Watson Glaser/prior to AC...

Reactions: EJ and Abgaal

kslwnd

Sep 15, 2019
Received the "under review " email last Friday and got the AC invite at 7pm today.

Genuinely wish the best of luck for those waiting on this forum, everyone here has been so informative and supportive!

• 🏆
Reactions: Eva

AH9891

Valued Member
Jan 11, 2020
sult

Congrats! All the best with the AC!

Would you mind sharing your CAPP results and WG (if you got it)?

i didn’t ask for my WG, but I think Capp really varies. Have seen all kinds of strengths and weaknesses, so there will probably be a scoring system that gives every single answer a certain score. Anyway, I got
Motivation and Leadership Preference as highest scores and my lowest score was Resource and Work Management (which is hilarious as I’d say this is my greatest strength). You just don’t know how high you score for the high scores and how low for the low scores is. You could still score higher on your lowest quality than someone else on their highest, so the test means nothing since you don’t know what this correlates to. Hope that makes sense

Reactions: snailvibez

Aurochschiette

Star Member
Feb 2, 2020
i didn’t ask for my WG, but I think Capp really varies. Have seen all kinds of strengths and weaknesses, so there will probably be a scoring system that gives every single answer a certain score. Anyway, I got
Motivation and Leadership Preference as highest scores and my lowest score was Resource and Work Management (which is hilarious as I’d say this is my greatest strength). You just don’t know how high you score for the high scores and how low for the low scores is. You could still score higher on your lowest quality than someone else on their highest, so the test means nothing since you don’t know what this correlates to. Hope that makes sense

Absolutely. It's more out of curiosity than anything. Just grasping for straws because the wait is a killer, haha.

All the best with you AC though!

AH9891

Valued Member
Jan 11, 2020
Absolutely. It's more out of curiosity than anything. Just grasping for straws because the wait is a killer, haha.

All the best with you AC though!

I feel you! And thank you, my AC was two weeks ago, so luckily I don’t have to worry about it anymore. Fingers crossed they will come back to you soon. They are doing ACs all the way through Feb and March, so I wouldn’t feel discouraged

• 🤝
Reactions: Sammie and NSinger

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.