Linklaters 2019/20 Application

Legal_rawn

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 21, 2019
I was kind of wondering the same thing because the next stage is 'Interview Additional Information' and then it says 'Interview' so not sure to be honest!
If it’s for a VS then the additional info is things like work experience but it’s not a stage you ‘fail’ if you get invited for an interview it’s the same as an AC

Rachel123

Premium Member
Aug 19, 2019
Do we think they are giving out AC invites in 'batches', or is it more likely that if we haven't heard back by now it's probably a rejection?

I haven't heard anything from them and I'm getting quite nervous, as I've seen lots of people getting either rejections or AC invites! I didn't request my WG score so I have no idea how I might have done.

Any insight would be appreciated :)

A12345

Dec 18, 2018
Do we think they are giving out AC invites in 'batches', or is it more likely that if we haven't heard back by now it's probably a rejection?

I haven't heard anything from them and I'm getting quite nervous, as I've seen lots of people getting either rejections or AC invites! I didn't request my WG score so I have no idea how I might have done.

Any insight would be appreciated :)

It's quite hard to say, but I think it's probably done in batches! I know lots of firms that recruit on a rolling basis and run interviews/ACs right through into March - so given that Linklaters was non-rolling and they have a tonne of VS places - I doubt they get all of their ACs done in 2 weeks!

Rachel123

Premium Member
Aug 19, 2019
It's quite hard to say, but I think it's probably done in batches! I know lots of firms that recruit on a rolling basis and run interviews/ACs right through into March - so given that Linklaters was non-rolling and they have a tonne of VS places - I doubt they get all of their ACs done in 2 weeks!

Thank you that's helpful :) Just need to be patient I guess!

rwb

• Nov 15, 2020
    This is just me theorizing from what I've heard/experienced with the firm:

I know AC offers have started to be sent out, including for direct TC applications.

I'm pretty sure they do it in batches because each AC only has a maximum of 12 participants. I'm guessing they probably rank the batches so that those they want to interview most get sent an invite first.

So, I think they only send out invitations for 3-4 ACs at a time, send out their post-interview offers/rejections to those candidates, and then send out the next batch of AC invitations. I'm guessing they do this until all of their VS and direct TC positions are full, and then send out rejections to anyone who were being considered for an AC in later batches

So if you're still "on hold", that might mean that you are in a future batch. Basically, no news is good news at this point

WannabeSolicitor24

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer 26
  • Apr 14, 2020
    This is just me theorizing from what I've heard/experienced with the firm:

I know AC offers have started to be sent out, including for direct TC applications.

I'm pretty sure they do it in batches because each AC only has a maximum of 12 participants. I'm guessing they probably rank the batches so that those they want to interview most get sent an invite first.

So, I think they only send out invitations for 3-4 ACs at a time, send out their post-interview offers/rejections to those candidates, and then send out the next batch of AC invitations. I'm guessing they do this until all of their VS and direct TC positions are full, and then send out rejections to anyone who were being considered for an AC in later batches

So if you're still "on hold", that might mean that you are in a future batch. Basically, no news is good news at this point
    I am sure the Capp assessment ranks all candidates based on their score and they probably look at it in that order!

Reactions: A12345

thelegalsieve

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 4, 2020
    I am sure the Capp assessment ranks all candidates based on their score and they probably look at it in that order!
    I don't mean to be the pessimist, but I really doubt CAPP is the only basis by which they assess the candidates - I've applied to them four times now through this new system, once as a Pathfinder fast-track, and I've yet to secure an interview invite with them.

I think it's a balance of your grades, university, the critical thinking aspects and perhaps marginally the competency scores. That's my theory at least, I really think the new CAPP system is far less forgiving than the traditional cover letter process.

Legal_rawn

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Dec 21, 2019
    Got invited to the AC and now have to put in my work experience details. Are we only allowed to put in 3 different things in the work experience section? It's not giving me the option to put any more in which seems a bit odd considering they didn't mention there was a limit (to my knowledge at any rate)
    It is only 3 I had the same when I had my AC last year!

Reactions: R Cross

WannabeSolicitor24

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer 26
  • Apr 14, 2020
    Got invited to the AC and now have to put in my work experience details. Are we only allowed to put in 3 different things in the work experience section? It's not giving me the option to put any more in which seems a bit odd considering they didn't mention there was a limit (to my knowledge at any rate)
    Congrats! Can I ask when you applied and whether it was for a VS or the TC?

kls

Distinguished Member
    Jan 11, 2021
    Congratulations!! was this for the spring or summer scheme?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.