Linklaters 2019/20 Application

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hi everyone, I just wanted to share from my own experience last year that Linklaters invited people incrementally over a period of time.

No news is good news and you have only ever been rejected when you have been (sadly) notified as such. So for everyone waiting, keep the faith and try not to worry - as hard as i personally know that is.

awright11

Dec 6, 2020
Hi everyone, I just wanted to share from my own experience last year that Linklaters invited people incrementally over a period of time.

No news is good news and you have only ever been rejected when you have been (sadly) notified as such. So for everyone waiting, keep the faith and try not to worry - as hard as i personally know that is.
Thank you for sharing! How long did you sit on hold for before you were invited?

Esteemed Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi everyone. Wondering if anyone is aware/ know if Linklaters has an additional WG in the office?

Is the work simulation like a normal case study or like the multiple choice test they had for the application/CAPP test?

lawyermeup

Distinguished Member
Future Trainee
Sep 20, 2020
Hi everyone. Wondering if anyone is aware/ know if Linklaters has an additional WG in the office?

Is the work simulation like a normal case study or like the multiple choice test they had for the application/CAPP test?
It's not an additional WG, it's a comprehension where you answer questions... then you 'receive' 8 emails and you have to pick whether to Defer/Delegate/Delete and then you have a few SJT questions testing agile framework

• ℹ️
Reactions: Holly

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 14, 2019
Hello guys. Could anybody here please tell me what the difference is between applying for a direct TC vs the Vac scheme? My guess is that all the tests/assessments remain exactly the same, the difference is that, if you're applying via the VS, you've got to submit 3 pieces of work experience if you get invited to the AC, but if you are applying via the direct TC route, 3 weeks' legal work experience is to be submitted while taking the CAPP and the WG.
Am I correct?

Also, could anybody here please tell me what the deadlines were for the direct TC route for Links in 2020, and when did they hold the AC for that?

Thank you so much.

Last edited:

Amy_22

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 15, 2020
Hi all! Here’s the timeline from my Linklaters application this year -

Initial application - October 12th
Assessment (CAPP/WG) - October 16th
Under Review Email - October 20th
Assessment Day Invitation - January 20th
Assessment Centre Q&A - January 22nd
Assessment Centre - January 28th

Fingers crossed for the rest of you still waiting!!
Congratulations! Was this for a VS or direct TC?

Reactions: JayB

stemlawgal

Distinguished Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Jul 8, 2020
    Hi all! Here’s the timeline from my Linklaters application this year -

Initial application - October 12th
    Assessment (CAPP/WG) - October 16th
    Under Review Email - October 20th
    Assessment Day Invitation - January 20th
    Assessment Centre Q&A - January 22nd
    Assessment Centre - January 28th

Fingers crossed for the rest of you still waiting!!
    Had my under review email on October 30th and applied for Spring VS. Still feeling pessimistic but this is reassuring nonetheless!

stemlawgal

Distinguished Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jul 8, 2020
    Incredibly unexpectedly I was phoned on Friday afternoon to say they were offering me a TC. Still haven’t processed it as have been applying for a few years and had been on two VS’s for other firms before and was rejected at the end of the schemes due to lack of confidence in the final interviews, so just didn’t expect this to happen at all but obviously incredibly grateful and just thrilled really!! I didn’t want to say initially as the purpose of my post was for reassurance regarding timelines! But yeah it really hasn’t sunk in yet! Keep thinking I must have imagined it!
    Congratulations!

A M

Distinguished Member
    Dec 28, 2020
    Incredibly unexpectedly I was phoned on Friday afternoon to say they were offering me a TC. Still haven’t processed it as have been applying for a few years and had been on two VS’s for other firms before and was rejected at the end of the schemes due to lack of confidence in the final interviews, so just didn’t expect this to happen at all but obviously incredibly grateful and just thrilled really!! I didn’t want to say initially as the purpose of my post was for reassurance regarding timelines! But yeah it really hasn’t sunk in yet! Keep thinking I must have imagined it!
    Congratulations on the offer.
    If you dont mind me asking then what was your WG percentile, CAPP Assessment Result and what was the percentage on the online portal.
    Just trying to speculate my chances of getting an AC. 🧐

Reactions: JayB

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Amazing news, well done!! And the thinking you imagined it thing I totally get- I half convinced myself I might’ve dreamt my offer call, the only proof I had was an unknown number in my call log until I got the offer letter- totally normal!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.