Linklaters post-VS interview

Paralegal178

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
May 27, 2019
Hi all

Has anyone got any experience of the final Linklaters interview (post vac scheme)?

Or even general post-VS interviews. What should I expect? Just to discuss the scheme, what I learned etc?

Thanks!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi all

Has anyone got any experience of the final Linklaters interview (post vac scheme)?

Or even general post-VS interviews. What should I expect? Just to discuss the scheme, what I learned etc?

Thanks!

Speaking generally of post-VS interviews, mine usually involved me being asked questions about the work I did, how I found the scheme, what I found challenging etc. The rest would then be more questions centred around me/my application and my motivations. I'd suggest reviewing your work log/application, thinking about the highlights of the scheme, and updating your 'why X firm?' answer based on the new information you now have.

Sometimes, I'd also be asked to discuss a commercial story.

Reactions: Paralegal178

Paralegal178

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    May 27, 2019
    Speaking generally of post-VS interviews, mine usually involved me being asked questions about the work I did, how I found the scheme, what I found challenging etc. The rest would then be more questions centred around me/my application and my motivations. I'd suggest reviewing your work log/application, thinking about the highlights of the scheme, and updating your 'why X firm?' answer based on the new information you now have.

Sometimes, I'd also be asked to discuss a commercial story.

Thanks Jaysen!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.