Preparing for Hogan Lovells Lift-Off Programme

Rae

Premium Member
Aug 31, 2023
Hi everyone!

I have received an offer for HL's commercial awareness scheme, which guarantees a spot on the assessment centre for a direct TC/VS. This means I am expected to go to their London office for three days over Jan,Feb and March to attend talks and network with trainees. Please could you advise on the best way to prepare for this? I am not sure what to even expect! Thank you!

• 🏆
Reactions: I’m_Batman

I’m_Batman

Valued Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 25, 2023
    It sounds like attending talks and networking is the best way to prepare for the guaranteed AC you’ll be at. I would speak to those trainees after you’ve fostered good relationships with them to get an idea for the sorts of things you need to do at the AC. The talks and networking opportunities themselves don’t sound like much you need to prepare for as much as be ready to make the most out of it. Make sure you really listen at those talks and bring up what you’ve learnt, or ask questions to Partners/interviewers when given the opportunity as a sort of follow-up: ‘I attend x talk as part of HL CA Scheme, during talk y was mentioned, what do you think?.

Be yourself with the trainees and get as many hints and tips from them.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.