ninadeoliveira

Dec 8, 2022
Hi all! :)

I'm Nina and I'm a foreign qualified lawyer applying for a couple of LLM programs in London. I think I have a good chance of getting in since I meet all the requirements, but I'm really struggling to write my personal statement.
I've tried so many times but I just end up deleting everything (it is that bad). Where I'm from personal statements just aren't done so I don't know how to word the things I want to say.
I can't seem to find any good LLM personal statement examples online. I was wondering if anyone has gone through the process and could share recommendations/advice or any LLM personal statements that I can read? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much,
Nina.

bibss

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2020

I'm Nina and I'm a foreign qualified lawyer applying for a couple of LLM programs in London. I think I have a good chance of getting in since I meet all the requirements, but I'm really struggling to write my personal statement.
I've tried so many times but I just end up deleting everything (it is that bad). Where I'm from personal statements just aren't done so I don't know how to word the things I want to say.
I can't seem to find any good LLM personal statement examples online. I was wondering if anyone has gone through the process and could share recommendations/advice or any LLM personal statements that I can read? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much,
Nina.
Hi Nina, I am an international student too and completely understand the struggle with personal statements/cover letters. If you want, I can share with you a copy of my personal statement, which got me offers from UCL, King's College London and Queen Mary.

• Love
Reactions: ninadeoliveira

ninadeoliveira

Dec 8, 2022
Hi Nina, I am an international student too and completely understand the struggle with personal statements/cover letters. If you want, I can share with you a copy of my personal statement, which got me offers from UCL, King's College London and Queen Mary.
Thank you so so much! I'll message you right now!

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021

Thank you so much,
Nina.
I completely empathise- LLM personal statements can be hard to draft because you sort of have the freedom to write about anything you want but still need to follow a structure of sorts that hits all the right points. I am linking a post I'd made here which has another post linked within it with a good structure- let me know what you think!

kk13

Dec 14, 2022
Hi Bibss. Could you please share your personal statement with me as well for reference? It would be super helpful. Thank You :)

colebennet

Nov 23, 2022

I think that later I'll use help of http://essaypapers.reviews/ if I won't write it myself. It's better to get help than miss all the deadlines
Thank you so much,
Nina.
Hello, Nina!
I have the same problem. I've been working on my personal statement for days, but still can't finish it
I'm looking for some examples online, and hope to find something useful.
And I wish you luck!

Last edited:

anon3897258247

Apr 13, 2023
Hi bibss, can you share a copy with me too please? Thank you in advance!

anon3897258247

Apr 13, 2023
Hi, I would really appreciate if you could share a copy with me as well please!!

christinalyk

Oct 2, 2023
Hi! Could you maybe share a copy with me too? That would be very helpful, thank you in advance!!

naa

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2023
Hi bibss - I hope you're doing well. Would you mind sharing a copy of your personal statement with me, please? Thank you :)

iissyah_

Oct 31, 2023
hi! bibss, I am an international student too and I plan to apply for my LLM application at UCL and King's College for the 2024 intake. If you wouldn't mind, can you share a copy of your personal statement with me, please? Thank you

nilu13

Dec 26, 2023
hi bibss, I am an international student from Germany and I plan to apply for a LLM as well. If you wouldn't mind, can you share a copy of your personal statement with me, please? Thank you!!

maggie1

Jan 2, 2024
Hi bibs! Sorry to disturb you. I am also an international student finishing my undergraduate degree applying for LLMs, could you share a copy with me too? Thank you in advance :) and happy new year!

JackyinLondon

Jan 2, 2024
Hey Bibss,
I hope you are doing well! I'm applying for a LLM and looking for some inspiration and would be very grateful if you could share the document with me too. Thanks in advance :)

abeni

Jan 22, 2024
Hi I would like some guidance too, could you please share a copy with me?

ce323

Mar 2, 2024
Hi Bibss,

Hope you're doing well! I'm currently working (or rather, attempting) to work on my personal statements and would love to see a copy of your personal statement. Thank you so much for such a kind offer and I look forward to hearing from you soon!!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.