LLM - Personal Statement

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
My LSE personal statement took the most work out of all of my applications and was the longest too- about 1050 words. I stuck to a structure that was very similar to the one in this really useful post but elaborated on each point by including more about my background and motivations. So for example, in the 'why LSE paragraphs' I spoke about the specific courses I liked within the LLM and why I liked them, the topics I'd be interested in doing my dissertation in (and why) and the academics/supervisors I would like to work with for the same. Doing this ensured I wasn't simply repeating my CV but building on with reasoning and grounded motivation.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions 😇

Shia

Dec 16, 2020
I'd be happy to share mine with you as well! I've written two statements, one for LSE and one for UCL - drop me a message.

Hi Erica, I do realise this is from quite a while back but I am applying for the LLM at LSE and UCL as well for September 2023 - I would love your help with this :)

iissyah_

Oct 31, 2023
I'd be happy to share mine with you as well! I've written two statements, one for LSE and one for UCL - drop me a message.
Hi erica! I hope you have a nice day. I am an international student who plans to apply for my LLM at UCL and any other law schools in UK but at this moment I am still struggling to write my personal statement. If you wouldn't mind, can you share your personal statement? Thank you for your kindness, Ericaa!!!🥹

JackyinLondon

Jan 2, 2024
Hi! This may be quite late but I successfully applied for LLM at UCL so please drop me a message and I am happy to share my Personal Statement with you :)
Hey Karin,
I'm also writing my statement at the moment and can't get any further and I'm not sure whether I'm really convincing. I would be very grateful if you could share the document with me. Thanks!! :)

akhila_0310

Feb 18, 2024
Hey Erica, I under stand this post was quite a while ago but I am currently applying to LSE and UCL for a Masters of Law and would greatly appreciate it if you could share your personal statements.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.