Managing anxiety in the wait after vac schemes

aishaalexandra

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
Aug 3, 2022
Hi all,

What are some of the ways that some of you deal with the anxiety concerns after a vacation scheme? I've just had one and finding it difficult to focus on work etc even though I know I won't be hearing back until Jan.

Many thanks

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hi all,

What are some of the ways that some of you deal with the anxiety concerns after a vacation scheme? I've just had one and finding it difficult to focus on work etc even though I know I won't be hearing back until Jan.

Many thanks
Hi @forumusername,

I completely resonate with feeling anxious in the lead up to learning an outcome to your application. I would highly suggest doing non-law /non-application related things to keep your mind at ease. Delve into an existing hobby or a try a new one- I started painting a lot and I was no good but it really helped redirect my helplessness with the application process into something productive.

I also think clueing friends and family into how you're feeling is absolutely crucial. Ensure that you're keeping them in the loop about what you're worried about so you can receive support from them and try to make plans to do things that will help distract you and remind you of all the things you enjoy outside of being an aspiring solicitor.

I really hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck🤞

Reactions: aishaalexandra

aishaalexandra

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
Aug 3, 2022
Hi @forumusername,

I completely resonate with feeling anxious in the lead up to learning an outcome to your application. I would highly suggest doing non-law /non-application related things to keep your mind at ease. Delve into an existing hobby or a try a new one- I started painting a lot and I was no good but it really helped redirect my helplessness with the application process into something productive.

I also think clueing friends and family into how you're feeling is absolutely crucial. Ensure that you're keeping them in the loop about what you're worried about so you can receive support from them and try to make plans to do things that will help distract you and remind you of all the things you enjoy outside of being an aspiring solicitor.

I really hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck🤞
Thank you Avni!

I used to love painting so I think that is excellent advice, I will take it up again.

Thanks again :)

• 🤝
Reactions: AvniD

divaination

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 31, 2022
    Hi all,

Many thanks
    hi, im in the same position as you but expecting to hear back much sooner. it's kind of inhumane for them to keep you waiting that long ;w;

this is the best time to reflect on both the scheme itself and the TC AC to really make sure you are capitalising on your experience.

the next thing to do is just to continue applying if you are still looking for more firms - you already have a vac scheme completed which is really really good and will definitely improve your prospects - it will also keep your skills and knowledge sharp. it will also allow you to mentally move on much easier if there's rejection, or not accept the first TC offer that comes your way if they give an offer

but definitely do destressing activities ! take care of yourself this xmas and i hope you take up painting, i do oil painting myself ! <3

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.