Online BPP LPC/GDL- Will you still move?

Jooooopp7

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 25, 2019
Ive just taken a look at the schedule for the PGDL and was wondering if we are able to fit winter vacation schemes into this?? Ive heard of people doing winter schemes during their gdl but and unsure since it says there are exams in the final 2 weeks? would it be a waste of my time to apply to the winter schemes in this case?

Tasha

Aug 17, 2020
Not sure if this helps but just on the materials, I checked with the person I have been dealing with in the Admissions team last week and they have assured me that everyone will be getting physical materials this September ahead of their course.
Does anyone have the definitive answer for this? I was on the phone with them today and they said there won't be any hard copies for the PGDL this year

todareistodo

Standard Member
Jul 28, 2020
Does anyone have the definitive answer for this? I was on the phone with them today and they said there won't be any hard copies for the PGDL this year

When I spoke to Admissions my query was related to the LPC which still uses hard copies. From what I understand the PGDL is brand new this year and your practise environment, material etc is all online so it can adapt to your learning style.

Tasha

Aug 17, 2020
Such a good idea to set this up! I am not yet going to do my LPC, but I am starting LLM in London in September and while they say that there will be in-person teaching, they also offer online Term 1 for people who are reluctant/cant come to London. While I want to do the LLM partly to get to know other like-minded people & connect with the professors, I decided to do Term 1 online and see how it goes as I dont think there will be that much social interaction anyway so it would justify me spending more money on London rent..
Hi, we have a group set up for those starting in September!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/716960089173918

Reactions: Mia97

MaryPan1

Sep 1, 2020
Hello all,

I’m pleased to have found this site.
I’ve enrolled for the LLM for this September 2020 just this weekend. It will be virtual and part time. Initially, I wanted to go full time and be fully self funded but this is not possible anymore.

I’ve read good and bad reviews about BPP but not many are really doing the virtual experience! Shockingly at the same price too.

The classes are due to begin next week so I am only hoping for the best.

Happy to communicate with others and network? Buddy up etc. It’s a daunting experience as I still hold my full time job.

Looking forward to hearing from others.

Mary

Reactions: Jaysen and Alice G

Blue cacti

Star Member
Future Trainee
Junior Lawyer
Mar 18, 2020
Has anybody received a questionnaire from BPP regarding a move back to in-person teaching? I haven’t, but I know London-based students that have. I am considering moving out (I am not studying in London) and would be even more inclined to do so if in-person teaching at some stage is a likelihood!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.