Open Day Application

• Thread starter Deleted member 2707
  • Start date

MRR

• Sep 26, 2019
    Hello, if anyone has an opinion on this, I would be very grateful!
    I'm looking to apply for the CC Open Day but I want to be a little bit strategic with which date I pick since you can only apply once a year.
    The remaining dates are as follows:
    19 November 2019
    27 November 2019
    5 December 2019
    6 December 2019

The 19th Nov closes on the 4th November but if they do it on a rolling basis I am concerned that I may be disadvantaged - but my application is almost written so I have enough time to send it. Or should I apply for the December ones, even though they might be more subscribed?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I'm looking to apply for the CC Open Day but I want to be a little bit strategic with which date I pick since you can only apply once a year.
    19 November 2019
    27 November 2019
    5 December 2019
    6 December 2019

The 19th Nov closes on the 4th November but if they do it on a rolling basis I am concerned that I may be disadvantaged - but my application is almost written so I have enough time to send it. Or should I apply for the December ones, even though they might be more subscribed?

It’s really not worthwhile trying to take this approach.

all of the dates are within term time, so they aren’t going to be more or less popular.

Apply to the one that is the best date for you. The one where you won’t have to compromise your studies/other commitments as much.

PHT

Star Member
    Jun 30, 2018
    19 November 2019
    27 November 2019
    5 December 2019
    6 December 2019

They only review apps after the deadline. Just to add they said they got around 400 apps for the December dates last year!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    If everyone takes the approach of applying to the one they think is the least competitive, it al of a sudden becomes the most competitive. Although “competitive” gives you no indication of quality - I’m sure the firm would offer more alternative dates if they really wanted to as well.

Reactions: PHT

MRR

• Sep 26, 2019
    If everyone takes the approach of applying to the one they think is the least competitive, it al of a sudden becomes the most competitive. Although “competitive” gives you no indication of quality - I’m sure the firm would offer more alternative dates if they really wanted to as well.
    That's very true, all the dates work equally well so I think I will apply to the next one and if I am unsuccessful, then I'll just see it as an application practice so it's not the end of the world. Thanks for your contributions!

CL-BD

Premium Member
    Nov 19, 2019
    Hello,

With regard to the question on extra curricular activities, is it worthwhile providing mini paragraphs for each experience or shall I explain in bullet point form to be concise?

Thanks.

Faye

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 3, 2018
    Hello,

With regard to the question on extra curricular activities, is it worthwhile providing mini paragraphs for each experience or shall I explain in bullet point form to be concise?

Thanks.

Hi, I attended a CC open day this year. For the extracurricular activities section I did 5 mini paragraphs (for the 300 words) because they want a balance between depth and variety.

syw

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • May 29, 2019
    Hi guys, does anyone have any general tips for writing a short open day application? Should I just approach it like a normal application, detailing why I am interested in the firm?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.