Post-final interview for VS

joeleyf

Feb 10, 2019
Hi all,

First post here. I just had my final interview with Ashurst and have not heard back from them in 3 weeks. Would it be ok if I sent HR an email to ask about the status or would it seem impatient?

Kind of feel like it might be a rejection since I haven't heard back in 3 weeks, but who knows really?

D

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Sep 11, 2018
There's no harm in it, but, they probably have a fair bit going on right now.

Do you desperately need to know? Do you have other schemes that could potentially clash that you would need to rearrange? Are you considering leaving the country and the decision hangs on this scheme?

If the answers to all of those questions are no, I see no point. An email will never change the outcome. Patience is a virtue at a time like this!

I have been waiting a considerable time for V&E to get back to me. But, I'll just sit and wait. There is obviously a lot of uncertainty at the moment.

Reactions: Camilla and Jaysen

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
I am inclined to agree with what @D has said, but I also know that many people have a lot of anxiety at this time and I understand how waiting on an outcome with a firm can perhaps add to this. If you are finding that you are distracted and focussing a lot of energy on your worries over this outcome to the point you are not being productive in your daily life, then I would say you would be better off emailing or ringing them to politely ask for an update. If you do feel this is the best course of action, I would try to show empathy with a small line in the email or in your call to say you appreciate how disrupted everything is and how difficult this time must be.

I do agree that on balance it is probably best to just sit tight and be patient, but I also think that we are all unique - if this is really bothering you and causing you undue stress then it is best to act in the way you see fit :)

Reactions: Camilla

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Given what is going on - just wait another week.... in a normal situation, I would say call them or email. But things are bonkers at the moment.... I have never known anything quite like it and I have had some really weird/strange situations impacting my work in my time!

Reactions: Camilla and Alice G

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.