Problem with Ashurst application?

6Demetris

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
Does anyone else experience problems with Ashurst's application? Specifically, under the cover letter section, it says 1000 words max. I copy & paste there 996 words and it wont let me proceed claiming that I must be under 1000 words. Does anyone know why? Maybe its the format of me including my address etc. on the right hand side that is causing this? Thanks.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone else experience problems with Ashurst's application? Specifically, under the cover letter section, it says 1000 words max. I copy & paste there 996 words and it wont let me proceed claiming that I must be under 1000 words. Does anyone know why? Maybe its the format of me including my address etc. on the right hand side that is causing this? Thanks.

Probably some of your phrases, words or formats are being picked up as multiple words rather than singular. Sometimes paragraphs are picked up as a word for instance. Sometimes hyphenated words are picked up as multiple words. Similar things can happen if you use symbols or quote marks.

Just cut down your content by a sentence.

6Demetris

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
Probably some of your phrases, words or formats are being picked up as multiple words rather than singular. Sometimes paragraphs are picked up as a word for instance. Sometimes hyphenated words are picked up as multiple words. Similar things can happen if you use symbols or quote marks.

Thank you for the reply. I will try that.

6Demetris

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019

You were right, I cut some words and it got accepted. Thank you for your help.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.