Reapplying to main office after being rejected for a TC post-vacation scheme in a regional office

Charles_L

Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 25, 2023
Hi,

I just did a summer vac scheme with a firm's Singapore office and totally bombed the final TC interview at the end of the scheme. My feedback was that even though I was very diligent and did a lot of good word, I basically didn't socialize with the office enough and prove that I was a good fit. I asked the regional HR whether I could reapply for the next cycle and the answer I got was that new candidates would be prioritized, and since the firm only recruits from vac schemers I took that to mean that it would be meaningless for me to reapply to the same office.

I was considering reapplying to the main office in London for a vac scheme in 2024. Does anyone have any thoughts or advice?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.