Resources to Practise the Watson Glaser Test

Ella D

Sep 11, 2019
I just completed a Watson Glaser test and was going over and checking my answers when the time ended and my page just froze. This has never happened to me before as normally I press submit before the end of the 30 mins. Does anyone know what this means - will my answers still have submitted even though I did not press finish?

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    I just completed a Watson Glaser test and was going over and checking my answers when the time ended and my page just froze. This has never happened to me before as normally I press submit before the end of the 30 mins. Does anyone know what this means - will my answers still have submitted even though I did not press finish?
    I had similar issues last year. If you email graduate recruitment of the firm you are taking the test for, they'll send you another test link with no issues at all. Hope that helps! :)

PrincessTotoro

Nov 13, 2019

Thank you so much for this! Just curious as I don't know much about these tests at all, how good do you need to be to pass most firms' threshold?
    I've heard from some of my friends that they found this quite difficult and a lot of them did fail at that stage. I just did my first ever practice test and I scored 80%, is this bad...?

Soliha

Distinguished Member
  • Sep 19, 2018
    Thank you so much for this! Just curious as I don't know much about these tests at all, how good do you need to be to pass most firms' threshold?
    I've heard from some of my friends that they found this quite difficult and a lot of them did fail at that stage. I just did my first ever practice test and I scored 80%, is this bad...?
    Well done! Try Clifford Chance's watson glaser available on their website. If you get 80% there as well, then you will be fine. Firms dont disclose the benchmark. I failed WG last year and my average was around 60%. I practised and passed WG recently. My current average is 75%. Bottom line is to aim to score as high as possible.

PrincessTotoro

Nov 13, 2019
    Well done! Try Clifford Chance's watson glaser available on their website. If you get 80% there as well, then you will be fine. Firms dont disclose the benchmark. I failed WG last year and my average was around 60%. I practised and passed WG recently. My current average is 75%. Bottom line is to aim to score as high as possible.
    Ah I see thank you for your kind advice, yes indeed practice makes perfect! Best of luck with your applications, I am sure you will get there! :)

Frank

Valued Member
    Dec 12, 2018
    Dear community,

I have a quick question if I may and sorry from the outset if the question is dumb. Can you please confirm that when the percentile is calculated for the WGT, both the number of correct questions and the time taken to complete the test are factored into the decision-making process, i.e. the percentile?

Thanks very much!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.